A new beginning (Chapter 1)

Jack Merridew was now 16 years old, 16. The age meant little to him but the time meant everything, now what was so important of that time? It had been 2 and a half years since he had gotten off the island, 2 years since he lost his best friend, and 2 years since he looked down at the horrified face of the boy he just burned an island to kill.

As he roamed the corridor and thought on it, something he found himself doing often. He never got that comfort, the relief  he wish he felt after not being on that island, he wish he felt clean. If anything, that island made him feel more dirty than just physical.
He had began to think different, his "savage-ness", his longing for blood, his longing for someone. He thought if he could push it down, if he could kill it, kill him, it would go away.

The red headed boy shook his head as if it would knock the thoughts from his brain as he walked into his homeroom class. He scanned the room for anyone he knew and sighed as Roger waved him over, but the ginger still made his way to the other and took a seat next to him.
"Merridew! Long time no see, how've you been?" The ravenette spoke fast, excitement obvious in his voice. Jack and Roger had been friends for years prior to the island, but hadn't seen each other a lot since.

"Oh, I've been swell! Just too busy, but when am I not." It wasn't entirely a lie, but he had also been avoiding the other boy like the plauge. They were friends, but when you and your friend commit murder on a deserted island, somethings can become awkward.
Both boys quickly shut their mouths when the teacher walked in, getting the attention of the other students. No one was excited for learning, but something in the teacher's eyes had everyone leaning forward in their seats just to listen. Even Jack and Roger.

"Settle down, class, today we have something more 'fun' to do today." The teacher announced in a chipper voice to excite the students.
"Today there is a new student joining our class, he transfered from a school on the other side of England!"

That part had the class making all sorts of noises, some of the girls were even cooing about how they hoped he was cute or boyfriend material, this made Jack snort because of the fake gag Roger made. Jack was just excited there would finally be someone new, someone who never heard of 'Jack Merridew'.
But that glimmer of hope faded soon after the teacher called in the new student, Jack's heart was in his throat and he was pale white, his freckles painfully obvious without the natural flush in his cheeks.

The boy walked in with his eyes slowly inspecting the room, making his way to the teacher. Some of the girls gasped, which made him shyly smile. He was an average height for a 16 year old boy, and he had fair hair. Jack just knew it was him, but it was confirmed by the next words.
"Now quiet, and be poilte. This is your new classmate, Ralph Allebach. I want all of you to make him feel welcomed so I need someone to give him a tour of the school."

Of course the girls hands shot up, but the teacher began to look around the room as if there weren't desperate vollunteers. Jack's face grew more pale as the teacher's eyes landed on him and she smiled.
"Jack, would you like to give Ralph a tour?" She spoke softly but everyone heard what she said, Ralph heard

Jack began to say no, he tried to protest, but she was speaking again. "Ralph, go take a seat over there. Next to Jack, he's the one with the red hair, raise your hand." Jack looked at his desk as he slowly raised his hand.
Ralph swiftly looked over with a smile before he realised.
Jack, red head. And then his eyes landed on Roger, who was looking at him like he was a deer in headlights. The fair boy looked back at his teacher pleadingly.
"Are you sure you want me to sit there?" He cautiously started towards the desks. She simply nodded.