a whispered truth

Got the sweetest comment last night on this book from @qxzmykal and remembered that I do in fact have a few stories written for these two, so thank you.

They should've been asleep hours ago. It's just the two of them in the kitchen, basking in the dimly lit overhead lamp, and one another's presence.

Robbe is sat on the counter, legs dangling as he watches Sander finish up with their grilled cheese sandwiches. Sander flicks the burner off and then he's placing the plate right next to Robbe.

Sander stands between his legs, a warm smile on his lips as he brings one half of the sandwich up to Robbes lips. Robbe leans in and just as he does, Sander pulls the sandwich away.

"Magic word?"

Robbes brows furrow and his lip juts out. He wraps his legs around Sander, arms draped over his shoulder as he thinks.

"Please?" Robbe says.

"Hm," Sander hums, over exaggerating. "Nope."

Robbe's hands thread through the blonde wisps of hair on Sanders nape, soothingly.

Sander rolls his eyes and very dramatically says, "Sander is the best."

Robbe smiles, helpless. He pulls Sander in and watches as his eyes slip shut. "Sander is," he whispers over his lips, barely touching.

He grabs the sandwich from Sanders hand and takes a bite, watching as Sanders eyes open wide. Robbe chews slowly, savouring the flavours, there's something about the way Sander makes them that has them tasting better than anyone else's.

"Very rude, Robin."

Robbes hands tangle in the front of Sanders hoodie, reeling him in once again. "Sander is..." His eyes flicker all over Sanders' face; bright blue eyes, tan skin and plush lips. "Perfect."

Sander blinks, smile slipping away. He looks bashful as he dips his head.

"Hey." Robbe tilts his head up with soft fingers on his jaw, smiling at him sweetly. "I mean it." He leans in, presses their lips in a featherlight kiss. "Beautiful," he murmurs.

Sanders arms curl around Robbes waist as he tucks his face in the warmth of his neck.

The sandwiches go cold but they fall into bed warm.

End. Hope you enjoyed. I love and miss these two. 🖤