Chapter One

I had been dancing since 3 pm, the other just came into the room with the mirrors on one wall thirty minutes ago. Leslie our teacher picked a new song and a new choreography for us to learn. It was Superbass by Nicky Minaj. “Okay Girls, I’ll show you the first moves. Concentrate, and then practise in front of the mirror, I’ll have to talk to Jesy then.” I was confused, worried and deathly terrified. Was I not good enough anymore to dance in the group? It was the only thing I had. Was it because I always practiced more than the others and now I wasn’t allowed anymore to come two hours earlier?

“Five, six, seven, eight. Left arm, to the side, one step back, jump, right arm…” Leslie shouted to be louder than the music which was playing in the background. It was an old record player. Everything was pretty old in the room. The three other walls which weren’t painted light rosé were covered with posters from dancers, pictures and medals we won.

“Jessica.” She called me, I walked over to her feeling everyone’s eyes in my back. “Can we talk in my office?” She opened her water bottle, took a sip out of it. “Nina, your arm has to be higher.” She clapped her hands after she put the bottle down. “Girls I said practicing right?” She was strict, but that’s why we won loads of prizes. The hallway leaded to a little chaotic office. “Please take a seat.” I sat down on the blue chair, she sat down on the table after she pulled a few things to the left. “Well I gotta talk to you, Jesy. “ my nerves were going crazy. She saw it and put on her caring smile. “It’s nothing bad actually. As you know Mix³ needs some background dancers, so their management asked a few dancing schools to send their best dancers to the casting.” My mouth formed a ‘o’ shape. I wasn’t the best dancer, I was far away from it. “Listen Jes, I know you love those girls. You have the fire they need for their tour, if you are going through the casting and become one of their needed dancers your live will turn upside down.”

I nodded still confused and super happy about that. Those girls were great; I saved money for a ticket of their tour. She stood up looking down at her top, then at my face. She kneeled down, took my hands in her hands. “I know you can do that. And I know a few people who had gone through a casting and are now big dancers, they get booked for music videos from Justin Bieber, Jessie J, Jennifer Lopez.” Okay that fact was now breath taking. I looked down, I was too bad and ugly to be their background dancer. “Leslie, I don’t think that’s a good idea.” She laughed then looked at me. “I saw the sparks in your eyes as I told you about that idea, it’s a great one. I’ll call a few friends of mine so we could practice with you if you want to. I already sent your application to their management. So tomorrow at 6 is your practice you can go home now and sleep.” She leaved the room and there I sat, totally shocked. If I ever was speechless it was now.

I rushed out of the room after ten more minutes debating whether I should play being sick or trying my luck. I found myself tending more to trying my luck. I changed and then grabbed my bag and rushed out of the room, I runned into a hard wall built out of muscles. “Oh, I’m sorry Jesy.” Jordan scratched his neck. “Oh no it’s fine, I should have looked out where I walk.” I told him with a shaky voice, I always got nervous around him. He bit his lip, looking at me. I probably looked disgusting. I bet my make-up and hair was ruined, I walked past him. “Hay wait. Jesy. Stop.”

I already touched the doorknob as Jordan shouted my name, I turned around to see him standing behind me. He was smiling, and I was totally lost in his black eyes. “Uhm, it’s already dark outside you want me to give you a drive?” I bet I looked like a tomato because I blushed furiously. I nodded, he told me he had to get some papers so I had to wait for him to come back. “Milady,” He opened the door for me, the cold air burned in my face. His black car was the one who was the furthest car in the parking lot. He put an arm around my waist so he was warming my right side with his body which was pressed against mine. “I just don’t want you to get flu.” He was so cute, and charming and caring. Jesy, stop you won’t fall in love with your best friend. As we finally arrived at his car he opened the car door for me, I got in as he started the engine he turned on the heater. “Are you still cold?” He asked me as we had to stop at a red traffic light. “No. And thanks for the ride. I could have walked home though.”

He shook his head. “You never know what for assholes are walking around at this time Jesminda.” He always used to call me like that. It made my heart flutter, I looked at him. He was just pretty, I know it was so cliché falling in love with their best friend but he made me nervous. His laugh made my heart jump and whenever he said my name the butterflies in my stomach started to party. Sadly the ride didn’t last forever so after another five minutes in the warm of his car we arrived at my home. As I opened the door he grabbed my hand. “Jes, I gotta talk to you.” I closed it, breathed out and turned around. His eyes looked deep down in mine, before he started to speak he bit his lip again. It was his habit but I loved that. “I’ll try out for ‘Britans got Talent’, with Diversity. And I wanted to tell you that, I wanted to be the one to tell you that. Not my brother, not Sam or anyone else.” I swallowed, when he’ll be famous he’ll forget me. Then he’ll find a pretty thin girl and fall in love with her, and I’ll be just some dark memory he’ll try to forget. “Good Luck then.” I somehow managed to say before I stormed out of his car and ran into my house.

The tears just started to fall as I locked myself in my room, immediately I got a text message. As I thought it was from him.

‘Jes, I know you may think I’ll forget you but I won’t I promise. Xx’

But I knew he would forget me.

►►►►

Hii guys, i haven't updated for quite a while so sorry but i hope you like it.

Comment/Vote/Fan ... would make my day. 

Love you, Renichen xx