Chapter 18

The next morning I woke up to chatter from down the cell block. They were whispers as I couldn't heard anything they were saying. I slowly made my way to them, I was going to have to meet them at some point. The voices were coming from a a small dining room. It was small with grey concrete walls. Two metal tables were in the center and there was a guard tower on one of the corners. It was a typical looking prison cell block.

When I walked into the room, they stopped talking. Some started pulling their weapons out, pointing it at me. Glenn, Maggie, Michonne, and Rick were the only ones that didn't.

"I come in peace" I raised my hands up in surrender. My words were suppose to be sarcastic, but they didn't sound like that.

"Put your weapons down!" Rick snapped at his group.

"Who is she?" A young boy asked. He was wearing a sheriff's hat. His hair was slightly long and dark brown. He had very pretty blue eyes.

"This is violet" Rick introduced me to his group, well to the ones who didn't know me "she helped us escape from Woodbury"

"Wait, so your saying she's from Woodbury?" A young blonde asked in disbelief "how could you let her in here with us!"

"Beth" Maggie spoke softly "she helped us get out of Woodbury"

The young girl seem to relax at the words of Maggie.

"I'm not going to hurt you" I said softly. They relaxed when they knew I was not going to harm them. They looked tired. They were covered in dirty and their clothes had blood, biter blood. Their eyes held a certain emotion, emptiness.

Just by looking at them, I knew they had lost so many.

"How did you get this prison?" I asked amazed "I was sure it was overrun"

"There were others" The young blonde sighed in sadness.

"Oh, I'm sorry" I apologized, even though I didn't know why. Losing people is part of this world now.

"I'm Beth, by the way" she smiled lightly at me. I looked into her eyes to see friendliness.

This girl was just so innocent...

"It's nice to meet you" I smiled back at her "is there anything I can help you with?"

I needed something to do, I have nothing to do.

"You should ask Rick, he's the one in charge here" She smiled at me.

"Where can I find him?" I asked looking around for him. He wasn't in the cell block.

"He might be outside" she nodded towards the door.

I nodded a small thank you and headed outside. The sound of biters filled my ears as soon as I walked out the cell block. They were pressing up against the fence, trying to get in.

I looked around for Rick, but I couldn't spot him. Where the hell can he be? I about to turn around and look for someone else. When I saw a figure far in the distance, from behind the fences.

It was Rick.

"What is he doing?" I mumbled to myself. He was caressing the air with his hands. It could make anyone think he's crazy.

"Have you seen Rick?" I jumped startled at Hershel's voice. I hadn't heard the sound of his crutches.

"Yeah, he's outside the fence" I mumbled "I think he's talking to someone"

I heard Hershel release a sigh "I'm going to go talk to him"

"Be careful" I said to him, as I watched him walk away. I kept an eye out for him as he walked across the field towards where Rick was. I had a feeling in my guy that it was a bad choice letting him go down there. As much as I shrugged it off, I couldn't.

I glanced around, stopping when I looked up at the sky. It was a really sunny day, but it was still beautiful.

The sound of trucks, filled the air. I looked out to the gates, waiting for something. Had someone gone to a run? I had seen Glenn leave a while back. Familiar trucks stopped by the fence.

It was the Governor.

I duck down as shots started being fired. I reached down for my gun, only to find it missing. I had left it in the cell block. Crap!

I stayed down until the gun fire stopped. Silence was the only thug that was heard. I slowly looked up, a van broke into the gates.

"Violet!" I heard Maggie's voice call me out. I turned back to see her her throw a gun at me. I caught it and aimed to the field. A man got off the van and opened the back. Walkers started poring out. I quickly aimed at the running figure and fired. Some walkers headed to his body while others limped to something else. I then remembered Hershel was down there. The governor's vehicles drove away from the scene.

"Michonne!" I called out. She soon got the message and ran down the field. I shot down walkers that were close to Hershel. Soon Glenn drove a truck to help Michonne and Hershel.

"Is everyone alright?" Carol asked as most of us reunited. Everyone nodded their heads.

"Where's my dad?" Carl panicked.

"I'm here" We all turned to Rick, he was covered in guts. As he approach, we noticed he wasn't alone. Two figures were following after him.

Daryl and Merle.

Well, this chapter sucked.. it also took to long to update. Sorry! :(