ii.

"You look like a bright ray of sunshine." Dominic grins at Addie from across the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall. She was immediately tempted to flip him off, but she could hear a tiny voice in her head telling her it was not something her grandma would approve of.

"And it looks like you've gone beyond your expiry date," Addie says instead. "Dump him now, Elodie."

Instead of the dumping Addie wishes, Elodie laughs and runs her hand over Dominic's upper arm. "Sorry Ads, I'm stuck with him because unfortunately, I love him." Dominic, Elodie's boyfriend since the beginning of third year, does the mature thing and sticks his tongue out at Addie.

"I miss the days when you were too shy to speak to us." She says, glaring at the boy. It had spent Elodie their whole first year of dating to get Dominic comfortable being around them. She had told them that they were 'intimidating', which Addie blamed completely on Macks.

"So do I." He grins and plants a kiss on Elodie's cheek, causing her to break out into a smile.

"It's nearly eight in the morning," Diane groans as she sits down next to Addie, immediately reaching for some coffee for her and Macks, something she has always done since Macks' crippling caffeine addiction found its way to her two years ago. "No PDA until after lunch."

Elodie rolls her eyes fondly at Diane with a small smile on her face. "Remind me again why we eat breakfast with you?"

Macks grins and looks up from the tangerine she was peeling in her hands. "Because Dominic has no friends." Which, in Addie's opinion, is a fair statement to make.

"I have friends!"

Addie laughs and shrugs. "The plural is a bit generous." Which makes Macks snort into her mug, jerking so suddenly that the coffee inside the mug spilled out of it and on to the table.

"Macks!" Diane lifts her arm off the table and they could all clearly see her sleeve covered in coffee. Macks, in a rare moment of intelligence, actually looks sheepish and offers to lend Diane her jumper as a replacement. "It's fine, I'll just go get another one from the dorm." And Macks immediately volunteers to go with her.

Addie watches them both leave the Great Hall feeling very confused. "What happened over Easter?"

"I have no idea." Elodie says. "They were really strange on the train as well. I got back from seeing Dominic in his compartment and they weren't talking. Macks was twisting her rings and wouldn't stop fidgeting whilst Diane was just looking out of the window, not acknowledging Macks at all." Dominic rests his hand gently on top of Elodie's and Addie could see the tension in her body completely fade out, an effect Dominic has always had on her.

"They'll be fine, El, they'll work it out." He says reassuringly to her. "And they'll tell you when they're ready."

Addie actually doubts that Diane and Macks will work out whatever's happening between them by themselves due to them being the most stubborn people in any room.

---

"I hate you." Addie says, completely serious. She has never met anyone in her entire life more infuriating than Sirius Black. She could strangle him right where he stands and not feel any regret.

"Jealousy is an awful look on you, Smith." Sirius grins and stirs his potion gently. His potion actually looked gold, like it was meant to, and hers looked more on the brown side and was bubbling rather menacingly.

"Could you just be bad at making one potion, is it too much to ask for?"

Sirius looks up at her and taps on his chin, as if he was properly thinking about it. "I think it is too much, actually." It took some effort to restrain herself from throttling him.