Chapter two Act one

Trigger-warnings: Talk of blood and gore, Traumatic car injury.

"Athena watch out!" Were the last words Athena had heard before all chaos broke loose.

Athena whipped her head around and screamed in terror, Tyler's van coming at her full speed sliding along the ice splotches on the ground. Tyler in a panic spun the wheel but it didn't seem to help. He honked trying to get Athena to move but it was too late, Athena threw her hands over her face and turned her body attempting to shield herself from what was about to happen, knowing there was no way she could move out of the way in time. Pain flashed through her entire body as the impact knocked her back and over the hood of Bella's truck. She landed on the ground with a thump and a groan. Pain seared down her leg. She laid there for a moment as she gasped trying to breathe.

"Bella-" Athena's voice seemed to echo in her own head as she tried to open her eyes upon hearing the loud crash.

People shouting in horror rushing over from all angles to check on the two girls. She felt someone kneel by her side quickly placing a firm hand on her leg nearest to them. A large gash dripping blood down the side of her leg, As she opened her eyes a blurred image of a brunette with broad shoulders came into view. She let her head fall back onto the grass in pain.

"Athena oh my god!" Angela's voice echoed as she ran over. Athena tried to sit up as she opened her eyes again, she turned her head over to the brunette her vision clearing up. It was Emmett, his hands shaking as he looked down at them although zoned out.

"Emmett-?" Athena asked confused.

"I'm so sorry Bella I panicked" She heard Tyler's voice from the other side of the truck call.

"I've called 911 they're on their way" A girl reassured the crowd.

"Emmett!?" Athena said confused, pretty shaken up.

She reached over and placed a hand onto Emmett's arm his eyes immediately met hers drawing him out of some sort of trance. confusement  flickered on her face. Something was different about him now, It was strange.. His eyes were black, pure black. No longer Golden brown. Him hearing her kick started something in him. He reached over ripping a piece of his shirt and started to try and wrap it around her leg.

"You're gonna be okay-" He said, his voice hoarse and shakey.

A shaken up Bella rounded the truck coming over to Athena and kneeling.

"Athena holy shit" Bella said startled at the sight of her torn up sister.

Athena looked down at her legs confused not thinking it was too bad when she realized where all the blood had been coming from.

"Holy shit. Oh my god" Athena said looking down at the gash Emmett was trying to wrap.

Athena tried to move her leg as she groaned in pain, Emmett placed his hand on her thigh trying to keep her steady, leaving a huge bloody hand print on her thigh. She squeezed her eyes shut in pain her head collapsing back onto the grass. Emmett looked over worried but seemed to slow his movements watching her. He coughed and looked down at his hands then back over at Athena who was groaning in pain, He gulped and stood up quickly still staring down at her. Athena's head shot up at the loss of him by her side, He turned quickly.

"Wait-" She tried to speak but her head throbbed in pain as he walked away.

Emmett rushed into the school building and ran straight towards the bathroom shoving the door open with urgency.

"Fuck-" he shouted as he approached the sink.

He scrubbed at his hands, panicking , washing Athena's blood down the drain. He looked into the mirror as he got done scrubbing, his hands were now resting on the edges of the sink. Glass shattered as his face turned from concerned to angry. He was upset with himself that he couldn't do more to help her. The white glass from the sink everywhere, he turned away and groaned as if he were in pain. He walked over and locked himself into a stall, hoping Rosalie would come find him soon, which she had.