Chapter Seven

Since moving into Wyatt's mansion, Liana had spent the majority of her time working. It wasn't easy, balancing her full-time job with the newspaper and also getting The Roommate Diaries started up. She'd planned out plenty of episode ideas, but they also had to film an intro, and had filmed the first episode as well- which was simple enough. It basically just introduced viewers to the show and gave them a glimpse into Wyatt and Liana's personalities and the dynamics between them. But then Liana also had to make edits before releasing it, because she knew that the national media would take notice. The product had to be top-notch.

As expected, the views started pouring in almost immediately. People were interested in the concept, and of course they wanted to know the real Wyatt Gabler, so Liana was genuinely excited about the show's prospects. But now the Saints' training camp was starting up as well, so she would really have to pull double duty.

Most people assumed that being a sports writer meant traveling to games, conducting interviews, and analyzing what went right or wrong for the teams. In reality, the job involved much more than that. Liana's presence was often required at practices, community events, signing ceremonies, and of course the two-week-long training camp which led up to the start of the NFL season. She didn't mind covering the training camp when it was open to fans, because their excitement was so contagious. However, July in Louisiana was often hot, sticky, and uncomfortable. 

After getting ready, Liana waited for Wyatt to come downstairs, as they'd planned to carpool to the team facility. But when he didn't show up, she began to get antsy (Liana Rollins never showed up late for anything), and so she went up to his bedroom to speed him along.

"Wyatt?" she called, knocking on the door. "Are you almost ready?"

No response. She knocked again. Still nothing. 

Liana cracked open the door, only to find the quarterback still in bed- nestled comfortably under layers of blankets and still snoozing quite peacefully.

"You've got to be kidding me," she mumbled, walking up to the king-size bed. "Wyatt, wake up! We have to get going!"

He only stirred slightly. "Five more minutes," he implored, burying his face in the pillow.

"No more minutes. You are not going to be late on your first day," she declared, yanking his covers off, only to find him shirtless with just some boxers on. Liana's eyes briefly lingered on Wyatt's muscular, sculpted body, before she realized it and mentally scolded herself. He slowly came to, grumbling and rubbing his eyes.

"How could you oversleep?" Liana demanded, hands on her hips. 

"I don't know, I thought I hit the snooze button," Wyatt yawned. "How late is it?"

She rolled her eyes. "Let's just say, we have to leave here ASAP," she answered, going to his closet and grabbing some random clothes. She then tossed them on the bed, just as he was standing up. "Hurry up and get dressed. I'll be waiting in the car," she told him.

"Hang on, I got to do something about my hair first," he pointed out, to which Liana just responded with an are-you-serious expression. 

"Your hair," she repeated, eyebrow raised. "Now you do realize that you'll be practicing in a helmet, right? Not to mention, everyone there will be hot, dirty, and probably smelly. No one cares what your hair looks like."

"Maybe I care," Wyatt shrugged, going into the adjoining bathroom. Liana just let out an annoyed huff at the ceiling, before following after him. He didn't appear to be in any hurry, combing his hair in front of the bathroom mirror, making sure every strand was perfectly in place. Liana felt ready to scream. But then she saw something in his reflection, a flicker of uncertainty in place of his typical arrogance.