10.

DAPHNE

The morning sun streamed into the room, filling it up with brightness and I sat up trying to remember the events that had occurred last night. I went to dinner, met the pack, came up with Dante.

I yelled at Dante.

I touched my head, feeling it ache faintly as the memory of what I did washed upon me. He really didn't deserve what I had done. I should be grateful he was so nice and caring, not snapping at him at every chance I got.

A breakfast tray at the bottom of the bed caught my attention and I slid out of bed carefully to reach it. I picked up the wide, purple tray. It consisted of an assortment of plump red grapes, waffles, toast, scrambled eggs and a can of whipped cream. A clear jug of orange juice sat beautifully at the corner along with a small note.

I picked it, noticing the small and fine handwriting.

Good morning, Miss Jones. Sorry about last night, I really should have known better. I didn't mean to upset you. Hope this makes it up a bit.
Yours,
Dante.

I discovered I had a smile on my face and shook my head in disapproval. This felt too fast, the way things were moving with us. He was already making me smile and blush profusely, what next? I'd be getting butterflies in my tummy seeing him?

I ate my breakfast quietly, especially enjoying the grapes. Ash must have told him they were my favourites. I heard a knock at the door and it cracked open moments later to reveal Ash, wearing black yoga pants and a blue crop top. I was starting to think she didn't wear dresses or skirts.

"Good morning, Daphne," she greeted, cheerily. "I see you got Dante's little present."

I nodded. "I assume you told him my preferences."

"Naturally." She shrugged. "I had to, he woke me by 5am."

"It was nice of him."

"What happened last night?" She looked at me keenly, obviously waiting for details. I imagined having a sister would be this way, I didn't know how it felt. I was an only child. "Things were look pretty romancy between you guys at the table yesterday."

The memory of me sitting next to him then the one where I was on his laps with him whispering against my neck flashed in my mind. "Nothing, actually."

"Oh." She went over to the cabinet with my medicines. It seemed the doctor had left her in charge of me now. "So I wanted to ask if you'd be interested in going to a party tonight?"

"Which?" I couldn't remember the last time I had been at a party. It felt totally foreign and strange to me.

"A bunch of my old friends from high school want to meet up before everyone scatters for college."

I looked at Ash, for the first realising that she was actually very young. "You just finished high school?"

"Yeah, last fall."

"That's nice." I played with the edge of my clothes, hoping she wouldn't ask me about my education too. Thankfully, she didn't but only went about getting water to use my medicine.

After I was done, she looked at me with an eyebrow raised. "So what do you say?"

"What?"