Chapter 35

Nova walked out of the bathroom after her shower and as she was towel drying her hair she noticed Sam awake.

"Morning."

"Morning. Where Dean?" He asked as he got out of bed.

She motioned outside with her head, "He's out messing with his baby. I swear it's y'all didn't get into hunting he'd be a mechanic, a great one at that."

"You aren't lying there. He's even fix up his car, not once but twice."

"Wait, twice? I only knew about the one time when Cass and him got you from that hospital."

He sighs running his hand through his hair, "Yeah, it was before us. We had gotten t-boned badly and he rebuilt the car."

"Awesome."

He went to head to the bathroom but stopped and lightly pushed her against the wall and kissed her. She sighed into the kiss and pushed him back but he placed his forehead against hers.

"What are you doing Sam?" She breathed out.

"Reminding you what we had between us." He smirked then sighed, "I still want to be with you. Regardless of what I did, I wish you would fully forgive me."

"But how could you forgive me though."

He raised his head to look in her eyes, "What do you need forgiving for?"

"For what him and me did, when he was a demon."

He moves her hair behind her ear, "Nova, I don't care about that. Like you had told me, we weren't together so it's not like you cheated on me, and you both were adults."

"But-"

"But nothing Nova. Please see that I don't care you two did that because I still love you. And I made a mistake, a mistake I know I can never take back but I'm trying my hardest to make up to you. And I'm sorry I walked out that day without saying anything to you. I was so caught up in my own stupid anger, anger that shouldn't have affected you, affected us. And I truly am sorry Nova."

She sighed as she stared into his eyes not knowing what to say then her emotions took a hold of her and she grabbed the back of his neck, pulled his face closer and started kissing him. They finally pulled away minutes later and she let him know she forgave him and as he was spinning her around in his arms Dean walked in.

"Uh what's going on here?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I finally forgave him."

"About time." Dean grinned.

He then let them know about how he found Bobby's phone and there was a call about how Bobby was getting an inheritance from a woman named Bunny Lacroix. They decided to go to find out what was left to them since the guys were technically next of kin.

~~~~

When they went into the living room one of the ladies, Heddy, introduced herself and the others. Nova snorted back a giggle when she patted Dean on the behind after telling them about the rooms could fit up to three people.

When the butler wanted to talk to them out in the hall they started to follow but Beverly quickly came up to them.

"So, uhm, Sam." She chuckles, "Tell me do you...work out?"

Dean just smiled but Nova put her hand on Sam's chest as she leaned between them.

"Sorry sweetcakes, he's spoken for so back off." She smirked.

"Oh, uh, sorry." She walked away annoyed.

"Wow." Dean mouthed at Nova with a grin.

She shrugged with a grin back, "Couldn't help myself, sorry."

"Don't be." Sam smirked grabbing her hand and kissing the back of it as they got into the hallway.

The butler let them know he was doing them a favor by not having to stick around and be forced to mingle with that family so he handed them an envelope of what Bunny left Bobby in her will. Which wasn't any money but a necklace with a jeweled cross on it.

"Woo that's pretty." Nova cood.

"Kinda fancy to leave for a guy like Bobby." Dean says looking at it.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?"

Dean looks up then at Sam as he realized what he was thinking, "If Bunny was banging Bobby, then maybe these rocks are real."

"Awesome." Nova grinned.

~~~

After they went and had the necklace checked out, they found out it wasn't real but came apart with a key in it. They then realized only way to find out was go back to the mansion and ask the butler.

When they pulled in they seen a detective car sitting in the driveway then found out there was another death. And as it turns out they had to stick around for questioning.

After some looking around they discovered that there was a shapeshifter amongst the house. And one way to find out who it was, was to touch them with silver. So once the maid showed them the silver utensils. When Dean mentioned they need to touch them on the sisters Nova came up with a good plan.

"How about Sam hide the silverware in his coat sleeves and flirt with them. I think Paris and Nicole in there would be thrilled to have you touch them."

"No, their names are Heddy and Beverly." The maid told her.

Nova shook her head with a giggle, "I know that, Paris Hilton and Nicole Ritchie are these rich girls that were stuck on themselves and thought they were a gift to men. I was making a joke."

"Oh." The maid nodded once.

Sam cleared his throat and looked at Nova, "You sure you're okay with that?"

"Of course, I wouldn't have came up with the idea if I wasn't okay. Plus I trust you enough that it won't go beyond innocent flirting for the case." She shrugs with a smile.

Later after they were locked in a room, Dean discovered the silverware wasn't real silver. So as they were searching around trying to figure out how to get out they discovered it was the maid all along doing the killing.

~~~~

Once they were done with the case they decided to leave town.

"Dean, sweetie." Nova leaned up and placed her hands on his shoulders, "What was all that back there, towards the end?"

He chuckled, "What are you talking about?"

"The overkill of that maid."

"I don't know, target practice?"

"You sure it wasn't, I don't know, demon residue." Sam spoke up. "Or something to do with the mark or.."

"No." Dean shook his head, "None of that man."

Nova shrugs as she sat back and Sam sighs.

"Look man, I got to be honest-"

"Oh my God Sam, it was my first kill since I've been back. You know I got a little anxious. I wanted to make sure it was done right. Plain and simple."

"Its-"

"Why am I even explaining this to you." Dean rolled his eyes and turned on the radio so that maybe they would take the hint he doesn't want to talk anymore.

"Dean, I-" Sam started but Dean turned the volume up a little more making Nova smirk and shake her head.