"Cold..."

__________________

"A very good morning, ma'am! We are from the press and we are here for a short conference with you."

The woman addressed to just nodded. Clad in an elegant black gown with mandala designs painted over it sat the lady who've been practically ruling the books publishers' market for a few weeks now. Her sharp eyes observing every figure in front of her, which apparently were news reporters and cameramen in her today's press conference.

The reporter proceeded. "So, Miss Cora, as you know, your new book, An Angel's Wings has gained a lot of attention. Counting the most recent records, this book is being considered as the fastest selling book of the month. Readers are impressed by the storyline and the moral this book tries to bring out. They have some questions addressed to you, would you like me to read them out?"

Cora, a fairy tale writer have been rising in popularity since the beginning of this new year. Her books are read and loved by readers of all ages, regardless of them being 'fairy tales'. Out of all other books dedicated to children, Cora's writings stand out the most, since she is said to "have a unique perspective". But Cora never talked about the same.
And yeah, Cora isn't her real name. It's her pen name, in other words, the pseudonym she takes up while writing stories. And it seems like she is not much willing to reveal her real name.

The reporter's long speech was replied with a small "Sure."

"Okay. Thank you. The first question I'll address to you is, what inspired you to write this story? Is there any particular thing or scene that made you come up with this storyline?"

The woman in black stayed quiet for a few moments before parting her lips to speak.
"Not really."

The reporter was taken aback a bit by this short reply. Recovering anyway, she proceeded.
"Okay. Then let's go to the next question. Although the readers figured out a valuable moral from this story, yet they want to hear it from you. What do you intent to tell people though this story?"

This question was replied with the same cold tone.
"When the moral is already figured out ten why ask me to explain it again?"

Whisperings spread across the room. The dumbstruck reporter pressed more, "Still, can we get to hear it from you ma'am? Your fans would like it!"

A sigh was heard, followed by the sentence: "The story just tells how important parents are in our lives. An angel's wings are made and shaped by its parents. And no one can break them until it's the builder themselves."

"Ahh.. That's deep, that's deep!" remarked the reporter.

"Okay ma'am, now I'll be asking you One last question. This is the most requested one and ALL of your fans are dying to hear its answer!"

"What is it?"

"So this is what everyone wants to know. What is your actual name?"

The addressed lady just smiled. Lifting her gaze up towards the reporter, she spoke.
"What's so exciting about my name? My stories are all you need. What would you do with my name?"

Her deep voice boomed inside the quiet hall. Her tone was so cold that it sent shivers down the spines of every individual present there.

"Mr. Lee, it's time for my lunch. You said the conference would take just half an hour and in my watch half an hour is already over," she called out.

"Ahh, okay ma'am, sure," the addressed man replied, embarrassment laced on his voice. 

With that said, Cora gets up from her seat. Mr. Lee walks up to lead her to her dining room, bowing to the press and reporters with apologetic smiles.

Once she was gone, the silent chatter in the hall started growing louder.

"Why does she always act like that?"

"I don't know, but she's so Cold.."

_____________________________________

Yeeee! My first chapter is out!
Did you like it?
Ofc no, cuz it wasn't anything interesting :']
But don't worry fellows! I'll try to inject in some interesting things in as the story grows.
Vote, comment, share!
Happy reading! <3