8. The mission that went south

Natalya's POV
I was waiting anxiously in my room for Lena to grab our stuff and go. It was my first ever mission, after all.

Chill. You can do this. I thought, as I knew that I was going to fail.

"Oh, don't be such a worryrat. I know that you'll succeed. Besides, we did it in training for tons of times. You'll be all right."

"Yeah, What if I screw up?"

"Oh, you won't." She said, and I looked straight into her eyes, intensely. She did the same, even more intensely. She was telling the truth.

"Good. That's nice to know." I said, and turned away from her. I had stuffed my cell phone in my pocket just in case.

"Good to go?" She asked. I nodded, and took my stuff with me.

"So... what are you going to do when we get to the target?" She asked.

"Oh, I don't know, electrocute her and get it done?"

"Yeah, but she's going to put up a hell of a fight."

"Yes, and I'll suppress her, and get it done." I said to her as if it was not rocket science. BUt as a matter of fact, killing one, staging the perfect murder, was just ever so hard.

"Ok." She said, and sighed.

"I guess we'll see if you're fit for this line of work." She said, and I continued staring into the sky though the chopper.

*****************************************

Natasha's POV
I was chilling in the lounge when Steve found me.

"Hey, Nat? I'm sorry for that awkward thing back there."

"It's ok, just leave me alone, will you?"

"Why?"

"I'm focusing. I have something as my plan and I'm getting the kid out."

"How did you do it?"

"I... I went on the Dark Web. And the Ethernet. Sorry."

"Just don't apologise yet. What did you really do?"

"I sent out a notice there, asking for someone who was really good at extraction missions, and I got one."

"Who?"

"Through the anonymous user that I created online, and some more breadcrumbs of online activity, someone fell for it. And brace yourself, it isn't good." I said, and turning my laptop towards him. He took a glance at it, and looked away.

"Her?"

"Yes."

"No way."

"I know. But just wait for it, that person, the one who tried to kill you once, is my sister. Sorry not sorry."

"How can you do this?" He asked.

"Desperate times, desperate measures."

"Fine. Where is she?"

"In the endgame of our little chess game with the Red Room."

"And what is she doing there?"

"As a mentor. And I know, I shouldn't have sent her there due to her very complicated past. And it was what I had to do. If I went there as a mentor, they would've made me immediately. Lena worked for them for a longer time than I have done so. So... that is why I sent her." I concluded, and Steve glared at me. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Just want to say that it's not your fault. I'm sorry that I have doubted you. I mean, by not helping you and stuff like that. I'm sorry for that.