Unisex fashion is the need of the hour. Why?

Unisex fashion is a such a common thing in the west since the '70s and '80s. From musicians and actors, everyone is wearing gender-neutral clothing without giving much emphasis on what the world will say, this has now continued in a much broader aspect.

With celebrities like Harry style and Matty Healy wearing skirts almost on daily basis. Knowingly or unknowingly Bollywood has also embraced gender-neutral clothing in the 80s and 90s through their style of clothing. Now actors like Ranbeer Singh and Jim Sarab are breaking all the fashion rules and embracing unisex clothing in their unique way.

Unisex fashion is making huge noise in red carpets and runways around the world.

What is Unisex Fashion

Unisex clothing is not putting any particular type of clothing in a label or a box. It is like selling a piece of cloth that anyone or everyone can wear. Unisex fashion gives freedom to

the people to wear whatever they want to wear with the liberty to express themselves.

Why you should embrace unisex fashion

When you are starting any clothing brand it becomes difficult to choose whether to sell male or female clothes. But if you start a unisex brand you don't have to worry about that. You can get the benefit of both worlds. It opens up the possibility of anyone wearing your clothing designs.

How to make your brand unisex

Decide what you want to sell- sweatshirt, t-shirt, hoodie joggers? Let's say you decide to start with the t-shirt. Instead of labeling your t-shirt as a men's or women's you could come out with a neutral sizing chart as the unisex shirt.

Also, when you start to brand your business you can come up with neutral coloring options suitable for your unisex t-shirts. Choose colors that appeal to all genders like black, white, grey, or brown.

Diversity and inclusivity not only apply to sizing but also gender. Unisex clothing is opening a new door in the fashion industry and allowing people to openly showcase who they are and be more creative when picking their wardrobe. You can use genderless or unisex apparel design to make an impact in the industry and people's lives.

Conclusion

The trend of unisex clothing is not going anywhere. For so long mainstream market has pushed men's clothing and women's clothing, but with the increasing number of unisex clothing brands, we have the option to choose something beyond gender-specific clothing. And, as a consumer, we should always welcome that choice.