The One Where They Suprise Their Parents

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS MADE SOLELY FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES.

"lanna, can you please get the tape on the paper bag? It's on the dinner table" Trish yelled from the other room.

Even though today is Leni and Risa's anniversary as wives, they are both too busy to spend it with one other. Because of the campaign schedule, Risa was in Cavite and Leni was in Davao, the couple only spoke via video chat. That's why the kids wanted to throw a surprise party for their moms to celebrate their big day.

Ianna, Tricia, and Sinta have been tasked with decorating the house while the Ates, Aika, and Issa are en route to the airport to pick up Jill, who has just returned from New York. Kiko, on the other hand, is responsible for purchasing flowers for their mothers.

The unexpected phone call stunned Sinta, who was just finishing off dinner preparations. She gasped in panic when she saw the caller ID.

"Hello there, Bunso Love" Risa was on the other end of the phone.

"Hi Mama" She tried to be calm and not let Risa know what they are planning.

"Are you busy?" Risa asked, oblivious to the plan of her and Leni's kids.

"Uhm, wait. I am, but what do you need?" Sinta heads to her room, making sure the lights and other decorations aren't perceived by her mum on the other end of the call.

"Did you guys buy new lights? Ang liwanag sa ba-" Sinta stops her mum right away. The good thing about her mama is that she's easily distracted by her children's stories.

"Noooo, Mama! That's just my ring light, i'm filming for retdem. Kamusta na kayo ni Tita Leni? Are you together?" Sinta could sense the sadness in Risa's mood.

"No. Huhu I'm actually sad because we're on two different islands right now. She's in Davao, I'm in Cavite... also you can call her Mama, too, you know?" Risa smiled at the thought.

They have never imposed themselves, but Risa knows her kids well enough to know that they've been longing to attach themselves to Leni like they are her own children.

The same goes with Risa and the Robredo kids, they're all bonded together just like one family would.

"Ahhhh hehe I'm shy she might get hiya? Gusto ko rin po talaga siyang tawaging Mama, but I am also afraid she might get awkward and baka magkalito lito tayo." Sinta and Risa shared a laugh.

"Sige na anak. I just called to make sure you are fine there in the house. Where's the Ates' and Kuya pala?" Sinta's nerves were tingling once more with fear. Fortunately, Tricia went down to get something from the fridge.

"Ate Tricia visited me today when she knew I was alone po, Mama," Sinta said, signalling to Tricia that she needed help.

"Hi, Ti--- MaAn. How are you po? Kamusta ang pagiikot? Please tell me you're doing fine." A nervousness can be felt by Sinta and Tricia while having a conversation with Risa.

"Okay naman. Nakakapagod pero kakayanin." Suddenly, a member of Risa's staff interrupted her, whispering something.

"Pasensya na mga anak, I have to go na. Last stop ko na ata for today ang Imus, and so I will be home early. I love you two"

As soon as the phone call ended, their stress levels skyrocketed.

They both yelled "Iannaaaa" and "Ate Iannaaa" and Ianna fell to the ground because of the haste.

'Mom might be home early.'" Finally, Sinta exclaimed, "Imus na ang final destination." Tricia then called Aika and Kiko to let them know what Risa had told her.

"Pauwi naman na kami. Jill's with us na kaso tulog. Pagod sa byahe " Issa joins the conversation.

"I'm on my way home at the moment. I chose flowers in shades of pink and purple for them" Kiko chimed in as well.

"Perfect. We're done with the decorations, then. The chicken is now baking in the oven." It was Ianna's turn to join the conversation.

Once everyone was settled in and ready to go, they decided to call Leni.

"Mom? 'Are you going home today?'Aika questioned, trying to make her voice tremble with emotion.

"Yes, Anak. Actually, kakatapos lang ng grand rally namin dito sa Davao. We're on our way na sa dinner place" Leni answered. The background noise on the other end of the line could be heard.

"Mom, pwede po dito ka na mag dinner? I am alone sa house. Patty went out with her friends to plan for the house-to-house campaign. Sina Issa at Kiko naman, nandoon sa mga jowa nila" Aika wanted to burst us into laughter but she tried her best to convince Leni to go home. Issa slapped Aika's arms but she just laughed at her.

"Aiks, you know I can't leave this." Aika's deep sigh was audible to Leni, who responded by nodding. "All right, I'll just show up, but I'll go home after. Idouble lock mo ang pinto" She answered. Because of Leni's response, the kids on the other end of the line shouted without voices.

To be continued...