Chapter 27

I slowly rolled onto my side and laid my cheek against the cold pillow. My eyelids slowly opened to look at the empty bed next to me. I sat up and stretched out my arms; I glanced around the bodiless room and there was no sign of Niall. I swung my legs to the edge of the bed; my bare toes dangled over the cold floor. I cautiously stepped out of bed and made my way to the kitchen where I thought Niall was. The empty table showed no sign of Niall; I looked everywhere in the apartment and Niall was no where.

I walked to the couch and slumped down effortlessly. I pulled out my phone and began to type a text to Niall.

To: Nialler

Babe where are you?

I sent the text and impatiently stared at my phone, waiting for a reply. After a few, long minutes my phone buzzed on my stomach.

From: Nialler

You said you wanted some time alone.

I replied quickly without much thought.

To: Nialler

I know. Come back, I miss you

I sent the text and grabbed the remote. I flipped through channels until I finally settled on one. I watched television for about fifteen minutes when I heard a knock on the door. My head turned to face the door.

"Come in" I screamed as the knob was already half way turned. The door slowly creeped open and Niall popped into the room.

"Hey babe" He said smoothly as he made his way over to the couch that I was sitting on. I moved my legs that were sprawled down the couch to the floor so that Niall could sit next to me.

"Hey Ni" I said quietly as I pulled a blanket over my half covered body. Niall sat down right next to me and kicked his shoes off.

"Are you better now?" Niall asked as he pulled a strand of my messy hair and tucked it behind my ear.

"Yeah" I sighed as I turned to look at Niall's big, blue eyes.

"That's good" Niall said as he slipped his hand under the blanket. His cold hand rested on my bare thigh; the coolness made me jump a bit. His hand softly stroked my thigh; slowly creeping up to the hem of my shorts. Niall dipped his head and slowly nibbled on my ear; then his lips slowly planted tiny kisses on my jaw line. I slowly swung my leg over his body; straddling him at his hips. Niall continued to kiss my jaw as he pulled his hand from under the blanket and placed both of his strong hands on my hips. I reached my hands up and grabbed the back of his neck; I guided Niall's towards my lips. We moved our lips in sync and Niall slowly slipped his tongue in. Niall explored my mouth before slowly pulling out. His shiny, blue eyes contacted mine as he slowly stood up. My legs were tightly wrapped around his toned torso; his hands cupped under my thigh as he walked to the bedroom.

We made our down the hall and into the bedroom. Niall set me down onto the unmade bed as he grabbed the bottom of his shirt and pulled it over his head; taunting me. Then he slowly made his way to the bed and climbed up on top if me. His hand were on either side of me; not putting all of his weight on me. Niall dipped his head and kissed my neck very lightly while I ran my fingers down his perfectly sculptured abs. I rose one of my hands and ran my fingers through his hair while he continued to kiss my neck. I held a grip to his blonde hair as he moved his lips to mine. The touch of his lips gave me shivers that ran coldly down my spine. I smiled mid-kiss as Niall slowly pulled his lips away and smiled back. His forehead was still on mine as he reached down and quickly slid his gray sweats to his ankles and kicked them across the room. I did the same with my plain white tee shirt; revealing my blue bra.

Niall's fingers traced lightly over the patterns on my bra; teasing me even more. His cold fingers against my bare skin made me shiver once again.

"Nialll" I moaned quietly. Niall just continued to play with my bra, and eventually slid my strap down my arm.

"Stop Niall" I prolonged my words as I gently grabbed his hand and moved it elsewhere.

Niall returned to my lips and he grabbed the waistband on my pajama shorts. He dug his fingers under the band and pulled my black shorts down to my ankles; where I let them slid to the floor.

Now Niall lay on top of me in his boxers; me in my bra and underwear. Niall continued to fiddle with my bra as he kissed my lips. Niall slowly released his hands from my bra and slowly maneuvered his hands to my panties. He fidgeted with the top rim of my underwear; my heart began to race. I tried to move, but the weight of Niall's body prevented me from moving. I pulled my lips away from his but he tried to continue.

"Niall, stop" I moaned between Niall's lips.

Niall pulled his head up and stared at me. His ocean blue eyes sparkled with confusion. His finger tips let go of the band of my underwear; the material came back in contact with my sensitive skin. Niall lifted his body up on his arms which revealed more room between our bodies. I quickly rolled out from under his warm body and popped up from the bed. I rushed out of the room quickly; leaving Niall who was still laying on the bed with his hands running through his hair.

I walked swiftly to the laundry basket and grabbed a pair of sweats and a giant sweatshirt. I jumped into the baggy pants and pulled the sweatshirt over my messy hair. I rushed to the door and slipped on a pair of old Sperry's. I quickly opened the door, stepped outside, and closed the door.

---------------------------------

NIALLS POV

---------------------------------

I laid on the bed thinking about what I could have done different. I ran my fingers through my messy blonde hair. I slowly sat up and slipped on my gray sweats. My bare feet settled on the rough carpet and I walked to the table in the kitchen. I snatched up my phone and sent a quick text to Caroline.

To: Caroline

I'm sorry, come back

I waited for a response but instead I heard her phone buzz on the counter behind me. I let out a audible sigh as I rubbed my eyes. I snatched my car keys off the counter and headed out to my car.

Once in my car I headed off to look for Caroline. I drove down the room and it wasn't long before I spotted her walking down the sidewalk; kicking rocks as she stumbled down the sidewalk. I rolled up to the curb and rolled down my window.

"Caroline!" I screamed as her head whipped around to look at me; redness filled her eyes. I could tell she was on the verge of tears.

"Caroline, get in the car" I begged as she turned her head to look down at the pebble that she was concentrating on. She quickly kicked the rock and looked back over at me.

"No." She simply replied.

"Caroline please" I begged even more as I slowly drove; following Caroline as she walked quickly down the sidewalk.

"I'm not coming back" she said as tears rolled down her face and she broke out into a jog. I quickly slammed my foot on the brakes at those couple of frightening words. Caroline continued to run; eventually turning a corner and leaving my sight.

I drive back to the flat and plopped down on the couch. I had no motivation without Caroline; and knowing that she was gone for good, didn't help. My teary eyes eventually closed and my mind drifted; falling into a deep sleep.

----------------------------------------

AUTHORS NOTE.

hey guys! Sorry for the late update. But how so you like it?!? It's almost done! I'll probably end it in a few chapters. But if I get 40 votes I'll write the next chapter.