⁰³. 𝐬𝐚𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐞𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐝𝐨𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐦𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭

''  ˢᵃᵉʳʸᵉᵒⁿ ˢᵘᶜᶜᵉˢˢᶠᵘˡˡʸ ᵈᵒᵈᵍᵉˢ ᵃ ᵈᶦⁿⁿᵉʳ ᶦⁿᵛᶦᵗᵉ ᵒⁿˡʸ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᵃᵐᵇᵘˢʰᵉᵈ ᵇʸ ᵃ ᶠᵉᵃˢᵗ ''

✧─✧──✧─────────────────────────────✧──✧─✧

"So, how about dinner?" Taemoo proposed as they rolled up to the car park entrance of GO Food. 

Saeryeon tore her gaze away from the way that the Kang male easily controlled his steering wheel with one hand while parking and forced herself to look up at his face instead. Don't get her wrong—she loved staring at his handsome face since she deemed it nothing less than a rare work of art, but his one-handed steering at that moment in time was way too hot for her to concentrate on his beautiful features. 

A confused hum escaped the Kim lady's pursed lips, more so because she had been too busy ogling his arms to hear what he had said than because of anything else.

"Surely we should celebrate tonight's success with a nice dinner," Taemoo said, turning off the ignition and glancing at her before opening his door. "Come on—my treat."

Though she also got out of the car, Saeryeon refused to follow after him once the Kang male started making his way over to the company's underground entrance. His words had finally settled into her brain, and the panic was now beginning to settle in too.

Noticing her absence at his side, Taemoo stopped and looked over his shoulder to find her still standing by his car. He raised an eyebrow at her and called out, "What are you standing there frozen for? We don't have all day—hurry up."

"Actually..." Saeryeon trailed off while her mind raced as she sought for an acceptable way to decline his offer. She quickly pulled a bright smile onto her face and hurriedly blurted out the first excuse that came to her mind, "I already have plans for this evening."

Her words only caused Taemoo to frown more. He turned to face her with his whole body now, his hands moving to hide in his trouser pockets. "Plans?" he echoed. "Who with?"

"Oh, just...uh—" she wracked her brain for a name and blurted out the first one that she remembered, "Han Dohyun! Right—I have plans with Han Dohyun."

"...Your secretary?" Taemoo asked before checking his watch. His eyebrows rose higher. "At this time of night?"

"Of course! I mean—we have some work matters to discuss and I've been hanging around you the entire day without answering his calls, so now I have to go and meet him to sort everything out," Saeryeon lied easily, finally figuring out what her excuse really was and becoming immersed in her acting role. She folded her arms across her chest as she added, "You're not the only one who works around the clock, Tae. I'm a busy woman too."

"With how often you ditch your job to come and see me, I highly doubt it."

"Yah," Saeryeon gave him a look, "It's because I like you, you idiot! Obviously you're my top priority—who cares about work when I can spend all of my time on what really matters to me? And I—hey, where are you going?"

Taemoo shook his head as he walked away from her, sending her a wave over his shoulder. "To work. Enjoy your date with Mr Han."

"It is not a date—yah! I told you a million times already—I have eyes for you and only you! And don't just walk away from me—yah! Taemoo-yah!"