Chapter 20: Smells Like A Funeral With A Side Of Drama

A/N: my bad about this taking like 6 months but this was actually so hard to write for some reason. Like legitimately exhausting to the point of causing burnout for like 3 of those months, I basically wrote nothing from October through December. But anyway, y'all probably don't care so. here's the chapter. I hope y'all enjoy it <3

Word Count: 6900 words

*

Aaron

"So, that was fun, huh?" I said as Aaron walked into his room.

"Bro, that is so weird to say." Aaron sat down on the bed and fell back.

"Well, at least it wasn't a complete disaster."

"Yeah, felt good to put a face to the name and actually talk." Aaron said with a happy sigh.

The doorbell rang and Aaron sat up, groaning. He made his way downstairs and opened the door to be greeted by Eleanor, holding up her phone. "Look!"

"Get in." He stepped aside and she ran in, throwing her bag on the floor. He closed the door.

"Look!" She handed him the phone. "He texted me!"

"Who?" Aaron looked at the message.

So, you wanna continue our conversation over some pizza and stargazing tomorrow?

"Asher!" She jumped in place. "Aaaahh!" She let out an excited squeal.

"That is excellent news!" He handed her the phone back and gave her a quick hug.

"It is! We're going out tomorrow!"

"Well, you haven't answered yes, yet."

"Fuck, you're right, hold on." Eleanor texted him back. Yeah, I'd love to.

And she quickly got a response back. Perfect. I'll see you tomorrow then. Pick you up at 4:30?

Definitely. She replied and closed her phone. "Fuck yes."

"Just make sure to be yourself and have fun, yeah?"

Eleanor half nodded as she waited for the 'read' sign to pop up on the message.

"Anyway I have something to tell you too." Aaron said.

"Oh?" She asked, her eyes unmoving from her phone.

"Yeah, remember I was telling you about this girl I was talking to?"

"Right, right, you were telling me about her right before we found the dead body."

"Yeah, that one. Well, uhh, she goes to our school and I met her today."

Eleanor gasped. "Holy shit. Did you know she—"

"Yeah, yup. That's how we started talking."

"So, how did it go? What's she like? What's her name? Who is she?"

"She just moved here, her name's Svetlana—"

"Russian?"

Aaron nodded. "She's cool and the talk was... fun."

"'Fun'? That's all you have for me, Adler? Come on, spill, what did you talk about?"

"Just about her family and her crazy uncle and how crazy the last few weeks have been with you and—"

"I'm sorry, you spent your first talk with this girl talking about her family? And me, another girl?"

"Well, not all of it was about you. I was just talking about you tangentially because of our Film Studies professor."