01 ━ A Ghost of Her Time

one, A Ghost Of Her Time

EVERYTHING AROUND USAGI WAS A BLINDING WHITE. The noise of something shattering, ceramic breaking apart, rang in her ears. It was then that she felt a heavy weight lift off of her body, as though something had wrapped around her and had kept her in place. She took in a deep breath, feeling the fresh air rush into her lungs almost made her cough. Simultaneously, her head thrummed painfully, feeling as though at any moment it would explode.

What happened?

Memories of her father sealing her away flashed in her mind. The scowl his face was set into, the way his eyes, a mirror of her own, gleamed dangerously as he looked at her, at his daughter, before subjecting her to a fate worse than death. The last thing she then remembered was a pulling sensation, feeling herself become smaller, almost compressed before everything went dark. Usagi fell into a void of nothingness, the only company the eternal damnation she was banned to. For the time she spent floating around in the nightmarish place, body gravity-defying, her life had flashed before her eyes. And then the white sensation followed, her body was pulled again in a similar manner before the sound began to play in her ears as a lullaby would.

Underneath her fingertips, a cold surface lay. The uncovered parts of her skin were shivering from the coldness of wherever she lay, her mind fuzzy from the new feeling she was experiencing.

Where was she?

Usagi's mismatched eyes opened to a space unfamiliar to her. One eye crimson and the other charcoal opened to a place unfamiliar to her, so different from where she had been the last time her body was in a human dimension.

What was this place?

A good distance away from her stood two boys who appeared to be about her age, one with fluffy pink hair and the other with spiky raven hair. The contrast between the two was obvious, with the former dressed in bright colors and clothing unfamiliar to her, meanwhile the other wore an all-black outfit. Their outfits were horrible, to say the least.

"I should ask you what you are doing here." spoke the raven-haired one, voice deep.

"You're pretty smug, aren't you?" From what she could see, the pink-haired held an unconscious girl in his arms. "So just curious ..."