3: innocent touch

━━━━━━

━━━━━━

WITH FOUR WINNERS from each group, there was only a total of 54 women left. the entire arena-like room was splattered with blood, guts, and twisted body parts.

     kaguya stared down at the female demoness that she had defeated by slicing her head off.

     "p-please...s-save...me...", she weakly pleaded, her fingers stiffly twitching, as the dark-haired woman could only watch with an ounce of pity.

     "congratulations, ladies! you've successfully completed your first trial by showing that you're not only strong, but willing to dirty your hands for king muzan", the ancient-looking demon (hayate) announced.

     "now, for the next trial — which will be held in a week — you are to pick a partner and have one of you draw a slip out from this bowl", hayate stated.

     everyone in the room immediately turned towards either their right or left, except for kaguya.

'teamwork...you must be kidding me', the demoness internally groaned.

she's had her fair share of "teamwork" back when she was a human.

either her partner slacked off the entire time, or her partner and her had completely opposing ideas. there was no happy middle nor any step downs from either side.

"u-umm...lady k-kaguya, is it?", a woman meekly spoke up, causing kaguya to raise her brow.

'ah, the one from the dinner...'

"you're..."

"nami! I know...my existence isn't very...well...noticiable", the shy demon bashfully admitted.

"what business do you have with me, lady nami?", kaguya bluntly questioned.

"oh! right...umm...I-I was wondering if you wanted to be partners...I-I'm very open to anything, really..."

'hm, she could be useful despite her quiet demeanor...she doesn't seem like the type to openly disagree with anyone anyways. perhaps this could work out...'

"since lady nami has so graciously went out of her way to seek me out, I'd be honored to experience this partnership with my lady", kaguya momentarily responded with a slight smile.

     "o-oh, thank you! then s-shall I go draw a slip from the bowl now?", nami asked.

     the dark-haired demoness nodded, as nami felt some sort of relief.