Chapter 01 - Introduction to the Scene

I See Them and the Collection
Chapter 01
By: KK

I SEE THEM
Mommy and Daddy told me that they weren't real and it was just my silly imagination. Well, if they saw them too, they'll probably move away. It all started when I was four. They were these grey-faded human figures that would just stand by walls. It would be weird because they'd watch me and follow me sometimes and nobody else saw them but me.

I LOVE HIM
His stare is so distant sometimes. It's almost like he's lost in another world and refuses to find his way out. It's what caught me loving him in any case. He rarely talks and when he does, it's a mumble or a rough cough he's been having. I find him barely paying attention in class and always with his notebook out, writing and staring at the note-filled pages.

I RECOGNIZE HER
She used to be in my class a few years before. Her smile was so deep and her eyes were always filled with worry whenever we had spoken to each other. Maybe because I was so afraid of losing her and she didn't understand what I was going through. I saw her today in my class again but this time she wasn't smiling. Her eyes were filled with fear and horror as she walked through the door.

I TASTE IT
The salty air lingering a while before I carried on. The ocean waves crashing onto the rocks as we both moved on. I glanced back at her perfectness. Her light brunette hair lay still and her body lay positioned as if she were posing in a casket. Her arms, in fact, we cut up and legs were covered in sticky, brown blood.