This is Berk

'This is Berk. It's twelve days North of hopeless, and a few degrees South of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the meridian of misery. My village, in a word, sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests. You see, most places have mice or mosquitos. We have-' The boy's thoughts are cut short as he opens the door to reveal a Monstrous Nightmare about to blast fire at him, he slams the door shut just narrowly avoiding the fire, "-dragons."

After a breath he reopens the now sizzling door, and leaps off of the front porch, weaving through the erupting mayhem as Vikings pour out of the buildings, ready for a fight against the dragons.

'Most people would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have stubbornness issues. My name's Hiccup. Great name, I know. But it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanor wouldn't do that.'

Dragons and Vikings fight back and forth, a dragon sends a blast causing an explosion that knocks Hiccup on the ground. He gathers himself and continues to run through the village while Vikings yell out to the boy.

'Meet the neighbors. Hoark the Haggard...'

"What are you doing out?"

'... Burnthair the Broad...'

"Get inside!"

' ... Phlegma the Fierce...'

"Get back inside!"

Hiccup lets out a gasp as he is suddenly grabbed by his vest and yanked back, narrowly avoiding a Deadly Nadder.

"Hiccup! What is he doing out again!" A large Viking with a red beard questions the nearby crowd before addressing the boy again, "What are you doing out? Get inside!" He sets Hiccup down and looks towards the sky, searching.

'That's Stoick the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say that when he was a baby he popped a dragon's head clean off of its shoulders. Do I believe it?' Stoick proceeds to lift and throw a cart at a dragon before wrestling it down.

'Yes I do.

Stoick turns and addresses another Viking, "What have we got?"

"Gronkles. Nadders. Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark saw a Monstrous Nightmare." the Viking responds.

"Any Night Furies or Demon?" Stoick questions.

"None so far."

"Good."

Hiccup continues to run while the vikings are firing the catapults. He crosses an open plaza and ducks into an open building where a peg-legged, one-armed blacksmith who has a hammer in place of his left arm, shapes a sword. The blacksmith stops hitting a sword when he spots Hiccup sneaking in.

"Ah! Nice of you to join the party. I thought you'd been carried off." The Viking jokes as Hiccup puts on a leather apron and starts to place tools back in their places.

"Who me? Nah, come on! I'm way too muscular for their taste." Hiccup responds while flexing his non-existent muscles. "They wouldn't know what to do with all this."

"They need toothpicks, don't they?" Gobber says smugly, deflating the young boy's confidence.

'The meathead with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber. I've been his apprentice ever since I was little. Well...littler.' Hiccup gets to work, transferring bent and chipped weapons to the forge as Vikings crowd the counter for replacements.

Stoick walks through the village shouting commands, "We move to the lower defenses. We'll counter-attack with the catapults." Armed men rush past, flanking others who carry sheep to safety. Stoick follows up the rear as, overhead, a monstrous nightmare sets a rooftops aflame. "And make sure that Demon doesn't get to the catapults again."