3. Tenchan where are you?

How it should have happened

"Bye grandma see you next time!" I waved, leaving the household- earlier than usual- on our way back home.

After seeing grandma from Friday to Sunday we left in mid-morning to go back, which meant I could meet Tenchan!! We could even catch up on the hero shows he badly wanted to see if we get there before sundown, which I'm pretty sure we could do as grandma's house was only an hour away.

Sleeping was what made the journey quicker because when I opened my eyes, we were turning onto our neighbourhood street.

Considering it was a sunny Sunday afternoon, Tenchan would be at the park with his sister ... right?

There was only one way to find out! so hearing the engine die down -with permission- I trotted myself to my favourite local park as fast as my little legs could take me.

In the park, Tenchan and I normally meet on the swings that were under a pretty old oak tree, yet when I neared the ever so perfect meet up place, the swings were empty.

No one was sitting on them.

No one was rocking the chains back and forth from their leg strength.

No Tenchan and no Hana-kun

'That's weird, their normally here? Maybe they're coming later??.' I thought to myself, sitting on my favourite swing, and waited patiently for the Shimura's to come.

Being abandoned is one of the worst feelings ever.

For someone, you truly care about and thought cared for you in return to turn their back towards you, hurts like a dagger drawing through your heart.

However, these occurrences happen everywhere!

everyday!!

Anyhow!!!.

It makes me question the human race as a unit.

What are we doing to ourselves? inflicting pain on each other, when we know how much it hurts to be solitary and broken?

"We walked to meet each other up at the time of our love and then we have been irresistibly drifting in different directions, and there's no altering that."

Leo Tolstoy,

It was getting dark and no Tenchan was in sight.

I was disappointed that he didn't appear, but I knew he wouldn't have known if I was in the park since It was rare for me to come back from grandma's early. So, sucking up my pettiness, I made my way home.

"YOU USELESS WOMAN!"

*BANG*

H̸͙̯͚͎̕u̶̘̥̒͛̽̄̾̔͋̕h̵̢̠͙̔̏̒̐́̆͛͘͝ ̷̢͇̱̫̻͇̤͚͙̄͒͊̇̾́͜ẅ̷̰̦̯͙̯̖́͛̔́͊́̈́̾͜͝h̴̨͇͓͓̩̜̗̳̹͗͊̓́̾͛ả̵̡̼̺̦̩̘͙̈́̒̀̂̇͋̊̾t̴͖̂̀̊'̵̧̬̦̖̦͆s̴̳̲̜̬̈́̌̅͠ͅ ̵̧͇͙̩͖̖͔̏g̴̖̭̟̯̀ŏ̸̧͔͍͊̍̂̈͆͆̉i̶̲̭̿̏͂͒̀̈́̐̐̕̕n̸̩͓͍̘͊̿͒̈́͐̄͌́̕͠ͅg̶̛̮̥̙͇̜͓̙̮̯̃̎̂̓ͅ ̴̨̫̖̙̘̽͆̓̔̄̋͂o̵̡̦͇͓͔͈̠̩̯̱̓n̷̢̹͇͛̀͜͠_̷̼͈̰̣̀̚/̵̧̧̨̮̺͙̥̱͍̀͋̽̐̇̽̈́̚͘͜-̶͓̻̍͗̑͂̀

-Sitting around the table, we quietly ate our mildly warm dinner that seemed prepared a while ago, but it was still good. A pEaCeFuL wAy To EnD a SeReNe DaY, though I was worried for Tenchan because something just didn't feel right.

.

.

.

"y/n hey over here!!" someone called over from a table

"morning!!" I smiled widely, carrying my flower themed backpack- that was only filled with colouring pencils and piece of a paper

"hey what happed to your head?!" the girl asked

"I rAn InTo ThE wAlL wHeN I WaS pLaYiNg WiTh PaPa, it was so painful, but mama made it all better!!" I replied setting my bag beside me on the circular table that we normally sat around

"hehe but now you look like a mummy" she giggled

"what!! I do?"

"mhm now you just have to act dead and walk like a zombie!" she demonstrated, walking around the table at a slow pace

"hahaha groaaawwwllll*" I copied her, not being able to keep a straight face, "I wanna show Tenchan!!"

"oh? Tenchan's not here yet." the girl told me, stopping her slow walking motion

"he's not?"

"uh-huh"

"but it's nearly time for the sensei to come in??" I looked at the clock ... as if I could read it but sensei told us when the big hand was at 6 and the small hand was at 9 it means school is starting.

"don't know??" the girl just shrugged, turning back to her bag, and pulling out something to show me.

Tenchan didn't attend a school that day and no one knew where he was, I only knew this because before we were sent off home, Sensei pulled me aside to ask-

"y/n? did Tenko tell you if he was coming into school today?"

"no, I didn't see him yesterday"

"huh- okay thank you y/n, make sure to get home safely alright?" she smiled, covering her frown that she showed for a few seconds. Since I was a child, I thought nothing of it as jogged my way home.

When passing the park, I had a small feeling to go to the Shimura household just to check-

"y/n come one darling come and help mama with the groceries" – but I was stopped

I̸̹̿̀̈̄̉̄f̷̢̡̘̦̠͖̻̥̍̋̍̊̀̎̉̌̍͝ͅ ̴̝̺̹͔͔̖̱̯̝̉̀̋I̸̮̭̖̮͈̥̹͍̙̿͆̈͗̅͑͌̒̏͜ ̶̼̈́̆̿ͅw̴̦̳̖͖̭͍̫̺͇̔̊ē̶̢̡̢̨͈̩̱̙̖ņ̵̳̱̤̥̓͑t̷̪̭̪͚̂̋̇̈͂͊ͅ ̶̧͈̠͈̞̉ṯ̵̱͙̬̹̤̪̅̽̈̓̈́̎o̴͚̦̊̈̔̂̆̚̚ ̴͙̮̼̬̟̳͌̽͋́͑́̒͜͜c̷̣̤͂̍̾̈̈́h̸̤̜̭̆̐̔̓̓͌͒̑̅͘ȩ̷̢̘̬̮͈̳͑̈̽ĉ̶̡̮̯̇̓͊͐͠k̶̲̤͕͊̐͐ͅ?̷̩̱̩̜͕͊̈̆͠?̸̰͚̉ ̷̡͇̰̣̩̅̈͊͊w̷̡̛̝͙̠͉̿̀̈́̄͌͠o̵̫̙̱͕̬̠̘̾̈́́ͅų̴̣̯͇̋̒̍̑͊̉͂͝l̴̢̨͚̤̮̤̠͖̤̟̀̈́̓́͒̈́̚d̶̨̹̘̟̖̱͖͚̻̋̈́͗ͅ ̷͉̦̽͋͗t̷̥̣̗͛̉͛̀̿̔h̵͖͙̲̼̔̈́̔̊̚͠͠ĭ̸̢̜͍̙͉̦͔̳̺͉̆͗̕n̸̛͈̰̯̙͗̈́́͛́̃̌g̷̛̲̤̰̀́͋́̈̄́̕̚s̴̞̣̟̥̝̭͗͘ͅ ̶̡̛͔̬̱̬̘̱̬̟̀ͅb̸̜̃̑̎͝e̸̡͉̦̞̦͚̦̺̒͘̕͝ ̵̥͈̤̊̔́̄̒̏̇͗͛d̶̟̺̲͓̼͚͇̝̲͆̉̉i̸̧̡̮͈̜͔͂͐̌̉̑̆̇͛̚ͅf̸͚̋͒f̶̝͚̰͌̈́̆̐͑̃͑̈̽͐ȩ̶̼̟̞͈̯̠̖̑ŗ̵̧̭̖̰͇̞̣̪̳̇ȩ̵̗̇͗̇͐̂̏͑̏͝n̵̨͕͙͇̠̯͇͚̠͚͊̓̈́̿̽̚t̷̢̡̳̜̠͙͉͗̌̿̏͜ͅ?̷̖̦̠̬̳̥̱̓͜?̷̟̥̫͔̦͇͍̣̼̞̀͑̄͑

.

.

.

It's been 5 days since Tenchan hasn't come to school!

It was very noticeable that the staff were getting worried about his whereabouts, and it was starting to make us worry too.

"y/n do you know what happened to Tenchan?"

this was a question I got asked by multiple people, classmates, teachers, parents and even police! Yet I was as clueless as them.

This wasn't doing anything for my increasing anxiety and because of my little age, I had no means of getting any info on his wellbeing. I was clueless and oblivious to what was happening around me.

.

.

.