02.

march was approaching, meaning the first race was coming soon. but first came pre-season testing, where the teams showed off their newly designed cars. the crowds were excited to see if mercedes has a new competitor or not, and how well elara can deal with the pressure from the other teams.

elara had met with the mercedes team multiple times after winter break was over, so they could discuss upcoming tactics and get her practicing in the sim as well. everyone at mercedes were very welcoming, and lewis was so down to earth always helping her when needed. roscoe and milo had met on the first day back of starting pre-season, and the two enjoyed each other's company very much, to say the least. the two had planned to meet up again when the dates for testing were announced and before work officially started again for the 2021 season.

messages with lew

hey lewis, wanna grab lunch soon?

thought you'd never ask!
you're planning on paying right?

no.

bummer, than looks like i'm all booked up

okay, i guess i'll ask someome else 🙄

i'll see you tomorrow at the local bistro at 12

sounds good
milo will prob be there too fyi

wouldn't be surprised 😂

__

walking up to the bistro, milo by her side. elara spotted the british racing driver and roscoe waiting at the entrance. "hi lew," she greeted him, milo and roscoe happy to see each once again.

"hey lara!  how ya been" lewis asked the girl, giving her a hug before they made their way to a table.

"alright. just been staying in and chilling with milo. i saw leah the other day to catch up again, did you know she went back to germany over break? can't believe she left me by myself" the girl ranted off, glancing at the menu before knowing what she was going to order.

"wow, what a shocker, leah left you alone! didn't you go back to see your family though?" he asked.

"yeah, flew back to nashville once we could go back, stayed till the end of january then flew back here to talk with merc. i got to see nico again which was nice, but leah was gone for two weeks after i got back!" she exclaimed. right after that sentence was done, the waiter came over and took their orders before walking away.

"wasn't nico at yas marina?" lewis asked.

"yeah, we flew back to london and then nashville together which was nice. i don't really get to see him that often because of our two different schedules." lewis nodded at the answer. "anyways, you ready for the new season?"

"yeah, i think we'll be strong this year. but i think red bull and all the other teams have a target on our backs" lewis told the girl, their drinks arriving at the same time. elara took a sip of her tea and lewis took a drink of his coffee. "no coffee this morning?"

"i already had some before i headed over, plus i'm trying to get caffeine in other forms, hence the tea" elara explained.

"that doesn't make much sense, but okay" he laughed at her reasoning. "you feel ready for testing?"