One: the Baby

Gotham City Bank was being robbed, which wouldn't normally cause a panic. However, since it was the middle of the day, there were people in the bank who were now being held hostage. Fortunately, the Batman was used to hostage situations and knew how to handle them. However, when he busted through the skylight, all of the robbers were already dead. Most of the hostages had been killed, too, and the only thing the killer left behind was a small, circular lens that appeared to glow in the light like an owl's.

————

It was the morning of November 13, and Bruce Wayne was dressed in a suit, ready to make his first appearance at Wayne Enterprises in almost two years. However, when he opened the door, he was greeted with an infant who appeared to be just waking up from a nap. He watched as the baby opened their eyes only to start hysterically crying while Bruce just froze.

"Master Bruce, before you go out, do you mind—" Alfred started as he approached the door, ready to ask Bruce to run an errand when he saw what the man was staring at. "Oh. It appears I have a long day of shopping ahead of me."

"We can't keep it. Why is it even here?" Bruce questioned. Alfred shrugged.

"Unfortunately, people dump animals and children in this city all the time. Why do you think your father was able to keep the orphanage full?" Alfred responded with a shrug as he picked up the screaming baby. "Hey, now, don't cry. How's about we get a nice cup of calming tea?"

"Can babies drink tea?"

"The tea is for me, Master Bruce. Oh! And I hope you wouldn't mind picking up some milk on your way back?" Bruce sighed.

"Why not?"

"Thank you." Alfred said as they parted ways, with Bruce leaving the mansion and Alfred retreating back into the house to get some tea and calm the infant. He turned on some classical music, made a pot of tea, and sat at the dining room table. "Would you like to hear about the time Master Bruce almost made a friend?"

————

"Mr. Wayne! You're here! Not that I'm not happy to see you, it's just...is there a specific reason you showed up today?" An employee asked.

"I've decided that after what happened with the Riddler, I thought I'd be more active. I need to protect my family's legacy," Bruce responded with a tight smile.

"That's wonderful, Mr. Wayne! Follow me! I can take you to your office!" The employee offered.

"Lead the way."

————

"And that's how Master Bruce almost made a friend. Awfully sad that she left. But, I'm sure she had her reasons. Now, let's go get you some essentials. Your mommy didn't pack much for you," Alfred offered, getting up from his seat at the table and taking the baby into the city to a shopping mall. They went into a store that only had baby stuff and started looking around.

"First thing's first: get a car seat. You can't sit on my lap when I'm driving," Alfred decided aloud. "We should also invest in a stroller. Would you like to pick?" The baby just made a happy noise and stared blankly at a bright blue stroller covered in ducklings. "Very well."

Alfred and the unnamed infant shopped at the mall for a while and got almost everything they needed. They then returned to Wayne Manor.

"Now the real work begins, little one," Alfred stated, taking the baby into the house and handing her off to Dory and unloading all of the stuff from his car.

"Would you like some help with that?" Dory asked.

"I'm okay. You can help by watching the little one for me while I set all of this up."