Change of weather, and life

Reína Ramírez was just in the nearby village collecting herbs she needed in order to make the medicine for her father. Her father had been sick  for a while and refused to be taken to a doctor or have a doctor come to him. The only person who knows why, is himself. Reína and her father have lived a mile or so away from the small Colombian village, but neither of them had really looked into the village. This had probably been her tenth time visiting, yet it still held a magic which none of us can quite explain in words. Then again, having a  family full with magic could have helped with that.

She was just about ready to head back home when there came a great loud boom of thunder and rain came pouring down. Everyone else was inside, except her. This left her, and her horse, Amber, to get soaked and hopefully not lightning struck. ' Is this natural or one of the Madrigals ' She thought to herself as she tried to calm down her horse, who was being quite strange compared to her normal behavior. She tried to get back onto Amber, but Amber kept moving, making it pretty much impossible for Reína  to get back on.

" You're stubborn. But then again, that runs in the family doesn't it. Guess we'll just stay here in the rain, " She said, in a tone that made it sound like she was a boring ol' lady who just knitted all day and never did anything fun at all.

Seconds pasted, which soon became minutes, which then became hours of endless rain and thunder. After nearly 6 hours, the sun finally came back, peaking through the pearly white clouds. By this time, the girl had fallen asleep and was still all wet. Her horse however, was up and trying to figure out how to get an apple from across the street somehow. The teenage girl blinked her eyes in the light and got up to dust of her dress which wasn't too wet to her surprise. I thought of her father quickly went through her mind. She quickly untied her horse, and tried to mount her horse. But she failed, as her arm was being held stopping her from leaving. And that was due to a boy about her age with a somewhat annoying smirk holding her arm.

" What are you doing? Can't you see I'm trying to leave? " Reína asked, half angrily.

" What am I doing? Well you can't. Why were you alone in the rain like that all along? " The annoying boy replied with a spark of amusement in his eyes.

" Who cares? Just let me go! " Reina retorted, still trying to break his grip but failing.

" I care. And I'd prefer no, Mi Amor, " He said back, apparently finding the whole situation very amusing.

" I don't even know you at all. Ugh, I hate you, " She said, really trying not to lose it.

" Camilo Madrigal. And yours? " The bo- I mean Camilo said, completely ignoring the last part.

       People were beginning to stare at the strange scene. Reína had the reputation as a somewhat quiet yet very witty teen girl. Camilo, of course, was the village's resident pranker/babysitter/entertainer. Also Reína being soaked and Camilo being out before breakfast earlier than usual seemed odd. But neither of them cared.

" You just won't give up, will you? Reína Ramírez. Now will you let me go? " The girl said, calming down a bit and trying to see if she could reason a way out.

" Giving ups no fun, surely that you would know. What a pretty name precioso Fine, you win, " Camilo said with a smirk.

He finally let go of her arm, allowing her to mount her horse. She slapped the reins and Amber galloped off at full speed. ' what a jerk he was ' she though to herself annoyed. When she had finally reached the small shack where she and her father lived, she got off her horse and rushed in.

" Papa! Are you okay? " The worried girl exclaimed as soon as she saw her father.

" My, of course I am! You were late and I suspected you were stuck in the storm. I worried about you and we glad you didn't try to get bac through all the rain, " Replied the man, whom was the girls sick father.

" Oh Papa! I'm so glad! I was very much worried about you being all alone for so long, " Reína said, very relieved indeed. Her fathers face suddenly became much more solemn, making Reína worry once more.

" Reína, you know I can't live much longer. You can't waste your time as teenager taking care of an old man. I want you to have more fun, make some friends, and forget about this guy here who's about to die. Can you do this? "

" Why, how could I? You're my father it's my duty to take care of you when you need it, as you did when I was younger. And how could Forget about you hm? The answer is no Papa " His daughter replied.

"  Reína, you need to learn to let go of me! Medicine isn't helping, and you know that! I don't want to have to talk to you like this, but you need to understand and stop being so stubborn.

" P-papa you just c-can't go so s-soon. I need you. I love you a-and I just can't let go and let you leave like Ma did, " Reína stuttered, with tears forming in her eyes.

" Now, now, don't cry. I'm simply telling you the truth. I now it hurts, but you're old enough to understand. "

And that was the end of the discussion. Reína and her father just sat there together all day and talked about the past. Reína had momentarily forgotten that here father was so close to death. Everything seemed so good, how could it end? Reína soon learned, that sometimes, letting go of someone close is better than holding on for too long and breaking yourself even more. The very next morning, Reína woke to see her father dead. She just couldn't believe it and shut herself up and cried. A few hours pasted, the little one room shack seemed so empty without the joyous spirit of the man that was now dead. She stood up, prayed to God that she hoped her father would be in a better place, and went outside to remember the small of her father memories she had.

Little Reína was only 5 years old. Her father was a healthy man who cared about his daughter much more than himself. He had promised his daughter to teach her how to fish. They went to a close river and that was where they spent their day. Reína had the absolute time of her life by the river. Her father just couldn't help but smile at his 5 year-old daughters antics.

" Papa! Can we go find the little fishies yet? I can't wait any longerrrrrrrr " 

The two spent all day trying to get the fish to bite, but only winded up catching one little trout. Her father was disappointed, but little Reína was absolutely delightedly. That trout managed to become a very delicious snack and Reína declared it was the best day of her life.

 Reína treasured that memory, learning to fish was her favorite memory. She always thought of when she was little and chuckled. And to think that that was only 10 years ago and she was an orphan. The smile soon faded into a frown. What would she do now? The only option, or more sensible choice I should say, would move into the nearby village. The only problem, was how she was gonna make such a big move all alone.