3. meetings

just like every morning, jen walked along the hallway upstairs, knocking her knuckles hard on the bedroom doors of her kids.
she didn't open the doors, she doesn't unless they're gonna be late and still haven't gotten up.
she knocks extra hard on summers door knowing summer won't be wanting to get up, especially today because jen is dropping her off at school herself.

"mom please don't take me, i promise i'll go in just please let me get the bus" summer pleaded.
"no summer, you've said that before and yet here we are. i'm taking you."
summer groaned, "but it's so embarrassing, i'm a freshman not a baby. everyone always looks when you and dad are there"
jen swallowed, her eyebrows knitting together.
summer knew how bad her mom and dad felt about the attention the kids get because of them.
"i'm sorry" jen said "but i'm not changing my mind. you have..." jen checked her watch "15 minutes to get your shoes on and get in the car"
summer looked like she was about to cry for a second before applying her scowl and leaving the kitchen, making sure to stomp her feet hard as she went back upstairs.
jen sighed as she leant her elbows on the kitchen island, placing her head in her hands.
"you ok?" justin asked, having just gotten back from the gym.
"yeah" jen tried to muster a smile as she stood up, turning so her back was against the cold counter.
justin put his energy drink on the counter beside them and placed his hands on his wife's waist.
"are you sure? i can take summer if you want"
"no it's fine, i'm ready to go now anyway...you're all hot and sweaty" jen smirked slightly as she wrapped her arms around justin's neck.
he tried not to smirk back as he leant forward, pecking her lips, "i thought you liked me all hot and sweaty?" he asked in between feather light kisses.
"oh i do, i definitely do. but summer won't" she smirked more as their lips connected, moving slowly but passionately.
"ew what the fuck" summer broke their moment, covering her eyes as she saw her parents kissing.
"hey what did we tell you about swearing?" justin asked as he reluctantly pulled away from jen.
"you two swear" she argued back.
"come on honey, let's get you too school" jen said trying to stop the argument that was starting.
she stifled her laugh as she saw her daughter grimace at being called honey.
jen said goodbye to jack and alina who were both leaving at the same time, alina had decided to still catch the bus as usual and jack was driving himself to school.

"have you got all your things?" jen asked as they pulled up to the front of school.
"yeah" summer said, unbuckling her seat belt.
"wait" jen placed her hand over summers "i know you don't want to be here, but please just try. ring me or your dad if you need anything"
summer nodded.
"can i go now?"
"yes" jen laughed "i love you"
"love you too mom" summer grumbled as she climbed out and shut the door behind her, surprisingly not slamming it for once.

when jen arrived back home she found justin sat in his office on his laptop, working.
"hey the school emailed. they asked if we could have that meeting later today when summer finishes, at 4pm" he said as he saw jen enter the room.
"ok, is she coming to it aswell then?"
"i think so yeah. so what are you doing today?" he asked, closing his laptop and leaning back in the chair.
"i have nothing to do" jen sighed walking towards justin.
"well that won't do, you need to do something. and you know what?"
"what?" jen smirked, playing along.
"i just finished replying to my last email of the day"
"oh what a coincidence" jen laughed, now stood between justin's legs as he locked his hands with hers, pulling her down for a kiss.
"i think we have some unfinished business from before" jen teased as she pulled justin up to standing.

the phone ringing woke jen up as she leant over, taking it off the receiver.
"hello?"
"mom please can you pick me up?" jen could hear her daughters voice getting choked up.
"why? what's wrong?"
"i hate it here, please i can't stay i-" jen closed her eyes as she heard summer start to hyperventilate slightly.
"i called yours and dads phone, why didn't you answer?"
"sorry honey, we didn't hear it" jen nudged justin to try and wake him up, they'd ended up drifting off to sleep after sex.
"where are you right now?" jen asked.
"i'm in the toilets"
"ok, go get a drink of water. do you think you can stay longer? you only have two lessons to go"
"no mom please i really don't want to"
jen was silent as she thought.
"ok, i'll come and pick you up"
"hurry" summer pleaded, jen could tell her anxiety was getting the better of her.
"just go to the front desk and let them know you'll be leaving early, tell them it's for an appointment if they ask"
"ok, thank you mom" summer hung up.
jen laid back down, sighing as she closed her eyes again.
after a few minutes she got out of the bed, retrieving her clothes from the floor and getting dressed.
"where are you going?" justin groaned, rolling over.
"i'm gonna go pick summer up, she's had another panic attack."
justin sat up more as concern filled his features.
"do you want me to come with you?"
"no it's ok, i'll get her"
jen left the room, hurrying down the stairs and heading out to the car.
as she drove to the school she made a mental note to speak to summers doctor about her medication not working.