Chapter 5: Team Dynamics (Avengers)

[Seattle, WA; Freight/Cargo Shipyard; 1:35AM, April 2012]

"You're so full of shit, there is no way any of that actually happened the way you're saying it did."

A small group of random armed thugs were taken down, knocked back by high-power gunfire, and a volley of a few arrows.

"You don't believe I shot him in the face and let him fall backwards out the window? Dude, I have done way worse for way less. Remember the-", the second individual started. "You know that's not what I mean. The only unbelievable thing about Roman is that you hadn't done it sooner.", the first figure interrupted.

"No, I'm referring to the 'ultra-sexy red-haired Russian Spy-Assassin' that just popped into town and just helped you bring Mask down, and also proceeded to suck face with you, more than once, before just up and leaving when her... buddy in an eyepatch and trench coat showed up and basically tried recruiting you into their spy agency.", said the first individual, a man about the same age with red hair, wearing a red and black combat suit, and a backwards baseball cap.

"Roy, why do you always have to bust my balls over stuff like this? Why would I lie about it? What do I gain?", Darren asked him, briefly turning towards his best friend and partner.

"Well, for one, I guess you think I'll stop giving you a hard time over that flight attendant that bailed on you a few months ago.", Roy suggested, as they moved from their place of cover, given they'd just taken out the last of the goons they'd been shooting at.

"As much as I'm annoyed that you won't acknowledge that I'm being serious about what happened, I do wish you'd lay off that one...", Darren said with a sigh, shaking his head as they moved to find the rest.

The ginger archer just chuckled at his friend's expense. "Sure thing, bud. I'll get right on that...", he said jokingly, as they climbed a stack of shipping containers, coming over another clearing they peeked over the edge to see.

Sure enough, there was the rest of the pair's collective target, all surrounding the last of their cargo, facing every direction with their randomly assorted full-auto firearms pointed outwards, trying to be ready for wherever the attackers would be coming from.

"Here, I've got something for these morons...", Roy said quietly, reaching back to produce a trick arrow from his quiver. "That isn't...", Darren began. "It is.", Roy replied confidently. He moved so that he was kneeling on one knee, as he nocked the arrow, drew back, and let it fly right into the heavy-duty crate in between them all.

The distinct whistle followed by a thunk caught their attention, making them all turn back to look at the arrow lodged in the medium sized container.

"The hell is that?"

"Thought they were using bullets..."

"What's that extra thing by the head?"

"Hey, there they are, up th-"

The last one was interrupted by the impact from a forcefully concussive sonic blast that came from the small bit of tech on the front of the arrow, which threw them all to the ground, and seemingly knocked them out.

Arsenal looked over at his partner, smug look on his face. "And you said the Soni-cussion Arrow was a dumb idea.", he said mockingly. "No, I said that 'Soni-cussion Arrow' was a dumb name. I did also say it wasn't going to work with how you wanted to do it.", Red Hood corrected, "I will admit I was wrong on that second point now, though..."

The pair jumped down from their perch atop the containers, and walked over to the knocked out goons, stepping over their bodies, to get to the boxes in the middle.