the new deal

AVY looked down at the bourbon in his glass, his witch friend beside him and god-sister the other side.

"I feel like I'm going crazy" Elena whined "Totally paranoid all the time"

"You have a right to be" Avy sighed "Klaus is still out there and he knows we tried to kill him"

"Why hasn't he made a move?" Elena sighed "There has been no sign of him, nothing, just my slow spiral into insanity"

"Join the club" Bonnie spoke "Every time I close my eyes, I have that nightmare, on repeat"

"The same dream?" Avy asked.

"Yeah! Four coffins, Klaus is in one of them" Bonnie replied "It's weird"

"What if it's not just some dream?" Elena wondered "What if it's like...you know...witch dream?"

"It's just stress, I'll figure it out" Bonnie denied "And what about Stefan? Has there been any sign of him?"

"He betrayed us Bonnie" Elena sighed "The Stefan that we know is gone"

"How is Damon handling it?" Bonnie wondered.

"Damon is...Damon" Avy answered.

Avy turned, glancing at the dark-haired vampire sat at the bar not far away.

-

Avy threw his dart, hitting the centre of the dartboard as Damon took his turn.

"Jeremy, the minute that you get this call me!" Elena spoke angrily down the phone, turning back to her friends "Unbelievable!"

"You are feisty when you are mad" Damon smirked.

"It's not that I'm mad, I'm just...I'm worried" Elena said.

"But why? He lost his job at the Grill" Damon said "He can survive, Elena"

"He is spiralling" Avy stated "Ever since Bonnie broke up with him, he is moody, he is not really talking to anyone"

"It's typical teenager" Damon scoffed.

"Who's seeing ghosts and has lost everyone that he cares about" Elena retorted.

"Not everyone" Damon dismissed "He still has you two"

"You okay?" Avy wondered.

"What makes you think I'm not okay?" Damon asked.

"Well, you're daydrunk" Elena answered "It's not exactly your most attractive look"

"What is my most attractive look?" Damon smirked, moving towards Elena.

"I'm not saying you have any attractive looks" Elena held her hand out, keeping Damon at bay "I'm saying this is my least favorite one..."

"Noted" Damon nodded "See if I can make any improvements"

"Don't mind us" Klaus began.