Chapter 1 - The night it all began

Nina Patterson was the popular bully that you see in every movie. Some will call her a bitch, others will say she's their idol. But what happens when Nina receives a text from her boyfriend Tyler while she's in the hot tub, alone, late at night...?

Madeline POV:

I shot up from my bed, drenched in sweat. God...another nightmare. I threw my legs off the side of the bed and sit up, rubbing my eyes. These nightmares have been going on for months now, ever since my mother got cancer. Standing up, my head spins for a moment then stops. I walk over to the bathroom, peeling off my sweat-drenched clothes. I throw them in the hamper and hop into the shower. I sigh as the freezing cold water flows down my back. 10 minutes later I decided to finally get out of the shower, I turn the water off and step out of the shower onto the fluffy bathmat beneath me. I grab my towel and dry myself off. 

I waddle out of the bathroom in my towel and over to my dresser on the right side of my room. My room isn't the biggest room you will ever see, but it is decently big. My bed is in the left-hand corner when you walk in, the mattress is laying on top of two wooden pallets. I have never been a big fan of bed frames. I have all grey and black bedding. I have vines pinned up on the wall and ceiling above my bed as well. I have many, many plants scattered all over my room. Opposite to my bed is my oak wood dresser, it nearly is as tall as I am and I'm 5'4. Then to the right of my dresser is my double sliding door closet, the doors double as mirrors as well. Above that is my little hidey-hole. It's a little loft on the very top of my closet filled with blankets, pillows and books. I love to read. Lastly, I have my window which is above my oak wood desk. On the desk are my MacBook, all of my school textbooks and one picture frame. This picture frame is one of my most beloved belongings. It is a picture of the 4 most important people in my life. My dad, Audrey, Riley and my mom. On the wall behind my door is my picture wall, full of fairy lights, polaroid pictures and normal pictures of my friends, family and me.

I tied my hair up into a messy bun. I pulled open my drawers and went searching for a decent outfit for school.

 I pulled open my drawers and went searching for a decent outfit for school

I finish buttoning up my blazer then I get a knock on my door. I jump, startled. "Come in!" I yell. Audrey bursts in the door and sprints to my desk, opening my laptop. "Hello to you too" I grumble, rolling my eyes. Audrey types something into youtube then a video comes up. I walk over behind her and look over her shoulder. I see the video of her and Rachel kissing in the car. "Awwww...Audreyyy" I coo as I hug her from behind over her shoulders, "Why would someone do this.." Audrey whimpers sadly. I tighten my grip "I don't know but whoever it is I will beat their ass." Audrey laughs then stands up "I'm going to get dressed, be ready in 10" and she runs out of the room.