The Hotel Halls

Slowly, you make your way down the hallway. It felt like it had been years. You couldn't remember what wine smelled like, but if you did, that's probably what this hallway smelled like. It was almost as if you could smell it in the air.
Dust enters your lungs, the smell of memories entering your nose at the same time. Everything smells old, like a grandparent's house.
Your mind drifts back to the memories of your parents dragging you down similar hallways to this one so that they could make it on time to the hotel bingo in hopes of winning a small, worthless prize.
The prizes were never usually anything good. A five pound coupon for a crappy meal or maybe a free alcoholic beverage at best.
But this time, the same comforting feeling of a parental figure's hand in yours wasn't there. Instead of the warm, reassuring feeling of a parent looking down at you softly, there was something else. A feeling of dread. Maybe confusion? You weren't sure.
Time had lost meaning, you didn't know if you should be frustrated with how long you had been walking for, as you couldn't even remember for yourself. It felt like you had just stepped into the complex building, but it also felt like you had been walking for ages.
Your feet didn't ache, yet your mind was tired, worn down from all the paranoia that had been biting at you since you ended up here. You couldn't remember any turns you had taken. For all you know, you could of just been walked down a short hallway and thats it. But..
Something wasn't right at all. It seemed as if your memories were leaving the second they entered your brain.
Right, I'm passing a painting here.
You told yourself, determined to keep it fresh in your mind.
You walk for about 3 feeble seconds before pausing. What was that? What had you passed 3 seconds ago? You don't know, do you? It's a shame, truly.
It wasn't as simple as looking back to see how far you had walked. No, when you simply thought about looking back, it was almost as if your mind screamed at you not to. But why?
It brought fear to your mind just to think about. Perhaps something was following you. A tall, black figure. Skinny, leaning forward, saliva dripping from it's wide, unhinged jaws.
But that's just your imagination. Don't get so worked up about it. Things like that only exist when want them to.

Oh well, I guess the only option left is to keep walking.