Chapter 1

~||~
Kate's POV
Well, shit! That's what I thought when Clint Barton — the Clint Barton offered me to live with him. I couldn't believe my lifelong idol offered me a place at his home.

Not to mention that I'd be seeing another Avenger again (Y/N) (Y/L/N). I've seen her fight alongside Clint and Natasha during the fight against Thanos and I was absolutely stunned. The way they all fought, regardless of the risks they'd take.

I remember (Y/N) in particular though. One of the reasons being that we used to date. The day I broke up with her was a day I'd never forget. There was a time I drove to get groceries for my mom and Thanos had just barged into the supermarket... well, his cronies did, at least. He tried to shoot at me and at that moment, I knew I was done for.

But that was proven wrong by (Y/N), who saved me just in the nick of time. The way she was so swift without powers is one of the things that attracted me to her. However, she'd gone off to fight the others off before I got the chance to say anything. Later on, when the fight had died down, I broke up with her before she found out that she'd be the one who'd go to space.

She tried to ask if there was anything she could do that can help me change my mind, but I refused. And that was the last time I'd ever seen her. And it's a pity too, because she was my ideal woman — sweet, caring and protective. Anything and everything you'd want, she provide. I have to say, I sorta miss that now.

But it still remains an important time to me.

So when Clint offered, there was no way I could refuse. I mean, living with my hero. C'mon, I'd be an idiot not to say yes. So today is the day I finally move in with them, and I couldn't be more excited. Clint and I arrive at his house and enter.

The door opens and I'm met with new faces looking at me. Clint's wife, Laura, comes to me and welcomes with a warm hug, "Kate! Welcome and merry Christmas. Clint has told us so much about you." she said as she let the dog in. Clint smiles as he sees his three children — Cooper, Lila and Nathaniel. Now, I remember Nathaniel on account that he'd called Clint, but he couldn't hear him due to the destruction of his hearing aid.

The kids swarm around their dad, giving him an envelope of hugs. "You kept your promise!" said Lila as she hugged tighter. "I said I would, didn't I?" he said kissing her head and hugging Cooper right after. "Welcome home, dad!" said Cooper as he pulled away from his dad. The kids then look at me, "Oh, my bad. Kids, this is Kate. Kate Bishop. Kate, I'd like you to meet Cooper, Lila and Nathaniel." says Clint as he introduced me to them.

The kids politely wave at me and wave back. Clint then starts to look around. "Where's (Y/N)?" he mumbles to Laura as he leans in whispering. "She just went to get some groceries, she won't be long now." I heard her say. Clint nods and sets his bag down.

    "Get comfy, Bishop!" says Cooper as he empties a seat right next to him. Lila, slugs his arm and he whimpers in pain, emptying an empty seat near her. I nod at Lila, following her to her seat. "Who's hungry?" asks Laura, popping out of the kitchen. "Ouu ouu, me, me!" yells Nathaniel jumping up and down. Clint chuckles and nods.

     "Don't forget about me!" announces a new voice. "There she is!" says Clint. The voice comes into an embodied form as she enters the room. "What'd I miss?" she asked. (Y/N)! My heart skips a beat when I see her in the flesh after years of not speaking.

"Where've you been?" asked Clint, giving her the biggest hug. "Someone missed me." teased (Y/N), hugging him back. "It's been a week and I needed my partner. But other than that — get over it!" said Clint, smiling from embarrassment. "Then why're you so bashful right now?" said (Y/N), smiling at his face. "I'm not!" he says defensively.

"(Y/N)! Great to have you back! Now we can all sit down and eat." said Laura as she hugged (Y/N) warmly. "Oh, and I almost forgot. We're having company from now on." said Clint, standing up to go to the dinner table. "Yeah? Who's that?" asked (Y/N).

The tension started to build up inside my chest. Hey, (Y/N), it's me. Kate. Remember — the girl who broke your heart not too long ago. I'm living here now. Tada! I stand up and she turns in the direction of sudden movement. She looks at me, and her expression changes from happiness to surprise and hurt.

"(Y/N), I'd like you to meet Kate Bishop. Kate Bishop — meet (Y/N)!" said Clint, rubbing and shrugging my shoulders. I purse my lips together, smiling a waving at her. She nods and waved back. "Why so awkward? C'mon, (Y/N)." says Laura pushing (Y/N) and Clint pushing me toward each other. We're so close now.

"Hey." I said, greeting her with a hug around her waist. "Welcome." said (Y/N), placing an arm around me. That must've been what was the warmest and coldest hug I've ever felt. "Well, let's eat, shall we?" says Laura as the children greet and hug her. "Good idea." said Cooper, sounding hungry.

This is gonna be eventful.

                                           ~||~

~||~