𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚜𝚘𝚍𝚎 𝚒𝚡

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖎𝖝: 𝕻𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊 𝕻𝖑𝖊𝖆𝖘𝖊𝖗

For most of my life, I've done my own thing, and never pleased anyone! Except for my parents... whatever. Today was a new day, and I was dressed in the clothes Stacy bought for me. I looked at myself in the mirror, thinking that this wasn't truly me.

"It's not me..." I said slowly, whilst putting on the glasses Stacy bought.

"Well, it is now. And Tyler has to like it!" I affirm myself. I walk out into the kitchen, with my boujee self, and my parents took notice.

"Mei...?" My father called me whilst sitting down in the dining chair, clearly confused.

"Jin, don't. She's going through a... phase..." Mom assures him while standing behind him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

Both looked at me like I was some westernized cowgirl. But I didn't care. As long Tyler liked it, I did too.

My experiences with people-pleasing include... oh! There was that time in 2nd grade when everyone started listening to Miley Cyrus and watching Hanna Montana. I started doing that too, so people would take an interest in me. Unluckily, Mom took one look at the show and banned me from watching it! So I had to search up the characters online and fake watching the show...

Dark times, for sure.

I walked outside and practiced that strut Stacy taught me, and aced it! Walking outside in flats was a challenge since I walk to school, and it's really not that far.

Before I could get any further, Priya pulled up to where I was and motioned me to get inside.

"Girl, what the fuck are you wearing?" Priya looked at me with an eyebrow raised, but otherwise an expressionless emotion.

"It better not be for..." Abby trailed off, gasping and putting her hand over her mouth. Mariam erupted into laughter.

"Oh my God, Mei?" Miriam questioned while giggling.

"You did not have to go this far. Tyler likes you for you, you know?" Miriam assured me, but I was done with these bullshit comments.

"The way he treats Stacy, says otherwise," I say sternly while putting on my glasses, to give a serious and cool vibe. Nobody said anything, and Priya drove off to school. Priya turned the radio on to some reruns and a 4*Town song started playing, and Miriam looked at me.

"Hope you didn't stop liking 4*Town either..." Miriam trailed off while crossing her arms and looking out the window. I pulled my shades down and gave her that "are you serious" look.

"No fucking way. My love for 4*Town is everlasting. Priya, turn that damn music up!

When we arrived to school, nobody noticed who I was! That makeover really had lasting effects.

"If you're trying to be popular, hustling the panda is the better option," Abby spoke while looking around.

"I have a plan," I say firmly, and head to Tyler's locker, where he was getting his belongings.

"I do not like the look of this..." Priya replied with a monotone as I walked over.

As Tyler closed his locker, I started twirling my hair and leaned against the locker.

"Heyyy! Tyler!" I deliver my ditsy voice, which was a combo of high-pitched squeals. Tyler looked at me with a confused expression but greeted me anyway.

"Mei... uh, how-how are you?" Tyler asked, clearly concerned.

"I'm fine! How are you?!" I exclaimed whilst batting my eyelashes.

"Good..." Tyler trailed off while looking at me with raised eyebrows.

"Mei?" He questioned while looking at me.

"Yeah?" I replied while still leaning on the locker and crossing my arms.

"Are you sure you're ok?" Tyler laughed, and I laughed along with him.

"Mhm!" I respond while looking in his eyes. Tyler shakes his head in annoyance and drags me to a classroom. My friends were probably watching this in cringe, and you are too, but I have my reasons.

I like Tyler, like really like! I don't want to ruin things between us, and I'm trying my best! Hear me out!

"Mei, stop lying to me," Tyler announces, with a serious face.

"I- I'm not!" I reply while crossing my arms and smiling at him.

"Lee?" He looks down at me and I get nervous a little. We sit down at some chairs and he places his hand on mine.

"You okay?" He asks softly, giving me time. I'm just silent, not looking at him.

"I am it's just-" I stop myself, and purse my lips. Tyler looks at me encouragingly, but I shake my head.

"Tyler, this is who I am! Classy and trendy, you know?" I shake the tension with a little spice. He looks at me unamused, and I get up.

"Well, gotta go to class! Bye Tyler!!" I say in my ditsy voice, and make sure to trip over a trash bin on my way out. Tyler looks at me in shock and covers his mouth.

After I leave, he probably muttered...

"What has gotten into that girl?

All throughout school, I feel people's extended glances at me, like, look somewhere else please! I kept my cool and tried not to worry. My ginger hair was pretty rare in the school, especially mine being non-natural, (I'm not really sure if you can call a panda blessing natural) so I'll have to tackle that issue later.

I must admit, I was really worried about what people would think of my sudden personality change. Including Tyler and my friends. But I wanted them to like me! But what if they didn't... but I needed to trust myself. They were already being so much more nicer with me!!

enjoyed?
bye bye loves