: ̗̀➛OTOGIZOSHI

"Humanity? Don't be silly

"Humanity? Don't be silly. I know. It is knocking down your fellow-men for the sake of your own happiness."
———————————————————————

"An ability user on I-Island? You dragged me to a plane just to deal with this? I could have been back in Yokohama, attempting to win the hearts of the ladies!"

Kunikida should have reconsidered bringing (Y/N) on a plane.

Atsushi should have reconsidered his decision to join them.

"Ku-ni-kiiiii-da-kuuuun~!"

"What do you want!" He yelled, slamming the laptop shut and staring at (Y/N), who was smiling sunnily at him.

"Hm, nothing really important." She responded. Kunikida had to use every cell in his body to stop himself from grabbing (Y/N) and wringing her neck right there.

He sighed deeply, rubbing his head with his hand. A headache was already starting to form. It wasn't uncommon anymore. Not since (Y/N) had joined the Agency. Which was years ago now. Kunikida deserved a raise for putting up with her bullshit.

It was truly a wonder how (Y/N) and Kunikida ever managed to be partners. They squabbled so much that anyone nearby would quickly tire of it. Today was no exception, as the squabbling began as soon as they stepped onto the plane. And Atsushi felt like he was looking after two toddlers.

What provoked him and pushed him over the edge was the incomprehensible and empty look (Y/N) shot at him. Kunikida ripped off his safety belt and arose from his seat, grabbing (Y/N)'s bolo tie and pulling her down, tightening the string of the tie, effectively suffocating the ever-bandaged girl while screaming about her uselessness.

(Y/N)'s smile only widened. "Kunikida-kun can finally fulfill his deepest desire by murdering me!
Crazy-scientist-san will resurrect me, and Kunikida will be able to kill me again!" She croaked happily as Atsushi's arms pulled the pair apart.

Kunikida glared daggers at the unbothered girl who only leaned back in her chair, allowing her arms to support the back of her head. From beside the girl, Atsushi chuckled nervously, attempting to defuse the tension. "How about we go over what we're supposed to do?"

Kunikida huffed and nodded in agreement and adjusted the glasses resting on his face. "The plan will go according to what the President stated, we will be attending a party where many industry guests will be present. According to Ranpo-san's deductions, the ability user will also be there."

(Y/N)'s expression changed to be perplexed. "So, why am I here?"

Kunikida very forcibly did not strangle her.