Dinner time

-+- Third POV-+-

A few days after that whole incident, Y/n stayed at Casita with the company of Mirabel and the rest of her family. They were still grieving of course, but they had the support and patience from everyone around them.

Y/n had never felt so accepted before. It was like they were a part of the family. Everyone cared about everyone else and there was never a dull moment in the conversations.

Y/n realised that a true family might not be the one you're born with, a true family might not be the ones who raised you. They realised that a true family is the one you choose. A true family is the one you decide to create and grow.

The family they were born into may be the one they will always be related to, but the Madrigals are the family they want to stay with.

Y/n stayed in the nursery with Mirabel, because that's were the guests stay. Mirabel was still their best friend at this point so they weren't opposed to the idea. Unsurprisingly, they stayed up most nights.

Dinner came that night and Y/n and Mirabel found a seat next to each other. Lots of hot gossip had been shared before dinner, which is the prime time for Dolores to be listening. Once she sat down, Y/n and Mirabel knew shit was about to hit the fan.

***Rewind - Just before dinner***

Just before dinner, Y/n had brought up the name of a certain boy in town that they had caught Mirabel staring at. Mirabel expressed that there might be a place in her heart for that special boy, and Y/n was over the moon.

That was until Mirabel brought up the name of a certain boy in Casita that she had caught Y/n staring at. Y/n looked at her with a disappointed look.

"That's loooowwww! What have I told you for three nights in a row now? Do I need to spell it out for you? I. Am. An. ARTIST!! I need to study the faces around me so I can get it right!" Y/n tried to reason.

"When have I ever seen you pick up a pencil? I know you're a painter but you paint landscapes and stuff, not people. There is definitely something there, I know it."

***Time skip - present time***

Y/n's demeanor that dinner was so tense and worried when they sat down that even Alma could notice from the other end of the table. Mirabel was basically howling with laughter until she realised Dolores heard the entire conversation.

Let's just say dinner went by quite quickly.

//This one was really kinda just an info dump because I have lots of plans//

(456 words)