Hungry eyes

Dating. The word itself felt like poison at this point. It didn't mean that you were bad at dating people- but the experience was exhausting. If anything you wished dating apps were never created so it would force you to leave your house to a bar or something else social to meet some guy. The guys on dating apps were the reason you couldn't stand it. The amount of dick pics that were sent without consent was honestly suffocating at this point. It got to the point where scrolling through a new chat was a battle field and your only defense was a block button.

You puff air from your lips as you fall back on your bed, head slipping between the crack of two pillows that forced your hair into your eyes. You groan as you readjusted yourself, accidentally swiping right on tinder on a random account. You gasped as you noticed this, worried about who you may have swept on and if they would ruin the algorithm of men on your profile. Luckily they were your type and didn't seem too much. Their bio was average, saying what they did for a living- a personal trainer- and their passion in hiking and sports. You weren't much of a sports gal yourself but whatever floats your boat.

You sat up against your headboard and hummed, seeing he had sent you a message.

Brian: hey what's up cutie

(Y/k): Nothing much, just finished dinner and some work :) how about you?

Brian: I just finished doing my nightly routine! What'd you eat?

(Y/k): cool :) just some leftover rice and egg

Brian: not a cook?

(Y/k): I can, just lazy tonight lol

Brian: oh haha
Btw your beautiful

(Y/k): thank youu you're not bad yourself

Brian: haha thanks
What are you doing tomorrow?

(Y/k): just some work :) I work from home
I'll probably be finished by 6:30

Brian: nice, taking it easy
I know this might be weird but do you wanna come to the gym with me at 8? I usually end at 9 if I'm quick lol

You hummed, nibbling on your inner lip. Well, you did sit at home on most days answering insurance calls. You probably needed the extra exercise at this point.

(Y/k): become a gym rat? Why not lol

Brian then sent you the location of the gym, it being only around 15 minuets away. You gave your good nights and got off the dating app. Maybe it will be nice? Being a gym junkie didn't seem too bad. He was also pretty nice compared to the other guys that messaged you recently. You usually end the chat as soon as they ask 'what are you wearing', knowing exactly where the conversation is going. No dude, we don't want to see your dick okay? They're not even aesthetically pleasing in the beginning? They're just the only thing you can offer in a picture that's 'sexual'. Guys get off at anything at this point..

The next day went pretty smoothly. You answered calls, had a nice takeout lunch, drank a healthy amount of water for once instead of slacking, and were excited for the date tonight. Going to the gym wasn't that scary. You weren't too big nor too small, just a regular healthy weight for your height. You ate fine and made sure to do yoga every other day or so. Mostly just when you're in the mood to do core exercises. To the gym you wore a grey pair of spandex, grey sports bra, a hair clip, and a sweatshirt with some running Nike's. You planned to stretch and jog most of the time instead of weight lifting. That shit took too much effort.

You got there pretty much on time, just a few minuets earlier than needed. You got out of your car and locked it before walking inside of the gym, paying the entrance fee of 15 dollars.