Chapter Fourteen - The Return to Starling City

Sara's POV:

I have to go home. I know it had been years since the Queen's Gambit went down but I needed to see my family. I had to make sure they were okay.

I quietly walked back into the bedroom and packed a small bag while Nyssa silently slept. I was going to miss her so much that it would hurt. I couldn't say goodbye.

I kissed her forehead, a thin stream of tears formed and began running down my cheeks. I slipped my bag on my back and stashed some weapons in my league of assassin's armour.

I pulled the black hood over my head and strapped my bo-staff to my back before walking towards the door. I turned to look at Nyssa one more time. "Goodbye, my love," I whispered as I gently opened the door and left.

The sky was beginning to darken as I sneaked through the castle until I was in the front courtyard. I looked back at the guards who nodded once they noticed my armour.

I quickly walked down the rocky terrain until I found the ships that were docked on the shore line. I eventually found the one I was looking for. I had watched this ship from my window ever since I arrived in Nanda Parbat, wondering what would happen if I hid on it.

'Starling Cargo' it read down the side of the hull. I pulled my bag tighter to me and snuck onto the ship, hiding between heavy crates.

As I sat and waited I heard the captain board the ship. He called out to several of his workers "this will be a dangerous trip, heading towards an earthquake, just think of the raise we will get from this".

I watched as he climbed up to a small room and began to steer the boat towards my home.

I stood up and walked towards the area that the captain entered and knocked on the door. I passed him all the money I had brought with me to take me as close to Starling City as he could.

After almost two weeks on that cramped boat, we docked in a familiar area of Starling. I rushed off the boat and ran towards the city.

I could hear the grumbling of the ground and the loud shouts of citizens stealing and running from their homes.

Tears blurred my vision as I ran through what I had called my home for so long. I raced passed buildings that had caught fire with crowds of people running from them.

I finally stopped outside a familiar building. Laurel's law firm. Laurel was my sister, I had cheated with her boyfriend when the boat went down. She probably blamed me for everything.

And so she should. I missed my sister everyday, I couldn't let her see me though. She wouldn't know how to handle it. She's spent the passed few years thinking I was dead.

I climbed up the fire escapes of the building opposite the law firm until I stood on the roof, looking down.

The ground started to rumble even more than before. I watched as the building began to crumble. I saw the familiar figure of my sister racing out of the building as a green hooded man rushed towards the entrance.

Oliver Queen. He knew I was alive. Before I arrived in Nanda Parbat, I saw Oli, he wore a green hood on the island we were trapped on.

My sister shivered as she looked around at the crumbling building. I had to leave before she spotted me. She couldn't have recognised me in the black hood but I didn't want to take a chance.

I walked down the streets of Starling City, concealed by the shadows, just as Nyssa had taught me. I stopped outside an abandoned clock tower.

I stepped inside, my black boots clicking on the marble floor, echoing throughout the tower. Thin sheets hung from the ceiling. I assumed this tower was under renovations before the earthquake.

I wrapped a sheet around my wrist, using it to climb up to the top of the tower. I looked outside through the clock face. I was finally home.

I sat on the floorboards nailed around the sides of the tower. What do I do? Laurel got out of the building. How am I supposed to find my parents? How will I know if everyone's safe?

Suddenly the rumbling stopped. I jumped from the floorboards, silently landing on the marble flooring. I heard a distant rustling before I snatched my bo-staff from my back and menacingly twirled it with expertise.

A hooded figure dived from the ceiling, swiftly attacking me with his blade. I slammed the sword from his grasp before pressing the bo-staff firmly against his throat. "Ra's Al Ghul is looking for you," he struggled as I pressed against him harder. "N-Nyssa is coming," he said before turning paler until releasing his last breath.

Nyssa can't find me, she will take me back to Nanda Parbat or kill me while trying. I placed my bo-staff on my back before walking through the streets again.

I had to find Oli, if anyone could stop Nyssa, it would be him. I saw him fight on the island, he was ruthless and strong. I needed his help.

Finally, I heard the familiar sound of an arrow whizzing passed my head. "Who are you?" A deep voice grumbled from behind me. I quickly grabbed my staff before calling out "take off your hood".

He growled before charging towards me. His bow slammed across my face as he rolled over my swing towards his legs.

We continued to fight until he held an arrow against my pale throat. "O-Oli," I heavily breathed as I struggled against his grip.

Everything went black.