Chapter Four

July 11th. Dear Diary, become a detective

It's funny how close you can get with someone even if you don't know their name.

I need to find out their names. It's been 5 nights and I still don't know their names. I have no idea how they've been able to avoid it so far. I have to become a detective. I need to figure this out. I

"Lia!!!"

July 11th... continued

My sisters came to visit... yay?

We've always gotten along but she is definitely a daddy's girl and I'm my mom's best friend so with the recent family developments we haven't totally gotten along. And not to mention she also seems to interrupt at the "right" moments.

Bye for now.

"AMELIA!!!"

"Hey Elle"

"Why are you sitting up here alone writing in your book? You're in a new city, you've been in a new city for like a week. Do you not have any friends yet? I thought when you moved you'd become less of a loner"

The amazing Elle Frayne everyone. The popular sister, the rich daddy's girl. Sure I was the spoiled older sister but I never asked for any of it, Elle on the other hand she asks she gets. I mean she's 15 and she already has two cars ready when she gets her beginners. My dad is a big-time businessman. I try not to bore myself with the details of running companies or else he would've tried to get me to the top of his which is the furthest from what I want with my life.

"What do you want Elle"

"Well I was hoping you had some new city friends and we could go out partying"

I would never tell her about the guys.

"Elle you're 15 we aren't going partying"

"Dad lets me go out"

"Lets you or doesn't know?"

"Ok fine he thinks I'm staying over at Bridget's but still partying isn't a new adventure for me"

"What isn't a new adventure for you?" mom interrupts

"Oh I just mean meeting new people"

"Hmm ok well lunch is ready"

"Mom I thought we were going out for lunch and then showing me around the area"

"Oh, right we did mention that didn't we? Must've slipped my mind. I'm sorry sweetheart"

"Mom we had that conversation an hour ago"

I've never seen Elle snap like that before. Or mom retreated so quickly.

"It's fine Elle. Mom, we'll get ready while you put the food in the fridge. Maybe we can have it for dinner and save time later"

"Perfect idea my dear"

Mom left with a weight on her shoulders. I felt so bad for her but at that moment I was furious with Elle.

"Look just because you live with our unwatchful father and go out partying with Bridget does not mean you get to treat us like we are below you, especially our mom"

"Whatever"

With that, she left right out the front door and into the passenger seat. Of course, I get the back. Mom and I join her and we head to Elle's choice which is the most expensive yet casual place she could find. Finally, we got home from our adventure and it was almost as if mom forgot about Elle's tone earlier since she's buying whatever Elle wants which keeps her happy. We all got ready for bed and Elle stayed in mom's room and mom stayed on the couch. I was going to let her stay with me but then again I didn't want her to know about the 8 guys who visit every night. While I waited I thought about what had happened today and what my sister is slowly becoming. I started to cry.

"Hey do you- hey are you ok"