Who Do I Punch?

Hi, I'm 15 and the name's Chris. Short for Crystal and Christopher. Why 2 names? Well let me set the scene...

I was 12, so 3 years ago. I had decided to come out that year as gender-fluid. Why? Cause I didn't like being called Ms Crystal Flynn, daughter of Phineas and Isabella Flynn. The Ms and Daughter being the problems.

The day started out pretty fine. School, HBD wishes and a party at home.

It was around 8:45pm and our house party was in full swing. My friends, Unc Ferb, Aunt Nessa and Clara had come. So had Gran, Gramps, Abuelo, Abuela, Aunt Candace, Unc Jeremy, Amanda, Xavier and Fred. Fred obviously thought he drew the short straw with names but I felt that too.

At exactly 9, mom got out the cake and everyone started singing. I blew the candles and Uncle Ferb threw me a microphone. I had already told him so he and Aunt V set everything up.

I started speaking, I shared condolences and thank you's. Finally, I took in a breath and shouted without the mic, "Pay attention to this!"

The room had quieted down and my parents were looking at me, confused.

"I have an announcement." I said through the mic and everyone stared with interest at me, "You ever get a feeling one day that everyone's addressing you wrong and then suddenly the next day it's fine? Yeah, well I've had this as a problem for a while. People call me Ms and I flinch on some days and on others I'm ok with it. I didn't really understand this till one of my friends came out as bi. I decided to look into it and something caught my eye."

I gulped down a lump in my throat and saw Aunt V smiling at me along with Unc and Clara.

"That thing that caught my eye was called gender-fluidity. It's when you choose your day or time's gender image. Not being one gender forever or changing it to stay like that forever. It's being who you want to be for a certain amount of time." Everyone's eyes were wide when they finally understood what I was saying, my mom was smiling and my dad was asking her something. Gran was as clueless as always and Gramps was trying to explain it to her. Abuelo and Abuela were just looking at me weirdly while Aunt Candace was dancing around, who brought the wine out?! I'd have to tell her later. Uncle Jeremy was trying to calm her down with Amanda and Xavier and Fred were laughing at something.

"So what're we supposed to call ya?! Christopher?!" I heard Fred yell a joke or insult but smirkingly I replied.

"Sure, if I feel like it, call me Christopher or how 'bout Chris?"

He was shocked, mainly because I snark remarks as much as Unc Ferb talks during Thanksgiving dinner. All he sees is turkey, all he thinks is turkey and all he eats is turkey.

I smile innocently and see Hannah give me a thumbs up on one side of the room, on the other was Lowrey.

He was frowning and growling every now and then but now he was red-hot and angry.

He yelled, "Why do you get special treatment?!" and that was the last straw from him. He kept tormenting everyone in school and out.

I got down from the chair I was on and flashed a knowing grin towards Hannah. She caught his arms and pinned him down. I drew my hand back but felt something, or rather someone caught it. I looked back to see Amanda let go of my fist and draw hers back instead. I smiled and she flashed me a quick smirk.

"Who do I punch? The idiot or the girl?"

"The idiot." I say and we both slapped his face, Amanda went light but I gave it everything I got. It wasn't much but he still had a bruise forming on his right cheek. Hannah let him go and he ran all the way to the doorway and out. Safe to say that the creep hasn't bothered anyone since, he's been caught trying to 'flirt' with some people but let's just say that getting beat up by 2 girls and running away made him low on the status quo.

People are pretty ok with me being gender-fluid. Abuelo and Abuela sometimes look at me like I'm an alien but they've learnt to accept it. Gran still doesn't get it and dad tends to make mistakes sometimes but it's nice that they're trying. Aunt Stace's pan so I had someone to talk to about it besides Hannah. Yeah, she's the bi bff and it's nice but her anger is scarier than mine. I mean, she had Lowrey pinned in 3 seconds flat.

Life's crazy but good.

Chris out! *wave*