One

5/2/2017

Brandy let out a deep breath, tucking her large yellow envelope under her arm, she looked up at the huge mansion with a small smile on her face

Brandy let out a deep breath, tucking her large yellow envelope under her arm, she looked up at the huge mansion with a small smile on her face. Brandy had been looking for a job for awhile after she was let go from her old one due to the fact the family was moving back to the UK, she was really good at cleaning, cooking, babysitting etc, it was what she loved to do and she was excited when someone reached out to her offering a job for more than what she was paid before. Brandy walked towards the large wooden doors knocking three times waiting for someone to answer. She waited for approximately three minutes before realizing that the house was so huge and if no one was in the living room no one heard the knocking.

Brandy inwardly facepalmed herself then pressed the doorbell causing a loud noise to ring from inside. She waited again for approximately two minutes and was about to press the doorbell again but stopped as the door swung open revealing a short haired brunette white woman.

"Oh hello you must be brany right?"

Brandy inwardly cringed at the miss pronunciation of her name "Hello Um its branDy actually."

"Oh my apologies, come in, come in!"

Brandy nodded walking into the large living room. "You must be miss Jolie." Brandy said, looking around the luxury living room in awe.

"Uh yes and no I'm Winona, her sister...half sister, Angelina is upstairs in her office."

Brandy smiled the asked"Okay um...where is her office?"

"Oh right um follow me." Winona said walking towards the stairs next to the kitchen. "So I have to warn you or I'll feel really guilty." Winona said quietly.

'Warn me? This can't be good,' brandy thought. "So my sister can be very...mean most of the time but it's because she's always working and stressed and she just got out of a relationship not too long ago so she's really on edge, so if she snaps just walk away."

Brandy scrunched up her face looking down at the steps, she really didn't do too well when it came to conflict, it was something she'd always avoid but the pay was too good to give up so..."I think I can handle that." She said, now following Winona down a long hallway. There were multiple doors and another hall to the right that led to a balcony. What really caught her eye was a door with a red handle. Curious, she asked "hey uh what's behind this door?"

Winona turned around and immediately said "you can't go in there, she doesn't allow anyone in there it's like a secret room."

"Oh alright." Brandy said stepping away from the door. "Angelina's office is right there with a gold knob. You can't miss it." She chuckled, pointing over to a double door at the end of the hall.

"Thank you."

Winona smiled and the two women stared at each other for a couple of seconds before Winona nodded and walked away. Brandy then turned her attention to the office doors and let out a deep breath, now hearing that her soon to be boss was mean-spirited threw her off a bit but she gathered all her confidence and knocked on one of the wooden doors. She waited for a couple seconds then heard her yell "COME IN!"

Brandy opened up the door to see miss Jolie aka Angelina talking-well arguing on the phone. "No you tell him that I need all seven boxes today. I won't take no for an answer... I don't care about his family. I need my stuff. I'm not paying him to screw around!"

She looks over at Brandy pointing to a chair in front of her desk signaling the brown girl to sit down. Brandy quickly does as she says while she goes off on the person she's speaking to. "Listen to me and listen closely tell him if my boxes aren't in my warehouse by the end of this day he's fired, no excuses!" Angelina then hangs up the phone, setting it down on the hook.

The tall woman turns around, giving Brandy her full undivided attention "you must be brandy correct?" Angelina asked in an unidentifiable tone. "Yes that's me." Brandy says giving the woman a small smile. Brandy observed Angelinas face, the older woman was really beautiful.

"How old are you brandy?" Angelina asked, tilting her head to the side

"How old are you brandy?" Angelina asked, tilting her head to the side. "I'm thirty-five miss."

The brunette nodded, sitting down on her chair "what is that?"she asked, her eyes now focused on the envelope. "Oh um, these are notes from my old boss and pictures of things I can do from my old job." Brandy said handing the envelope over to Angelina.

The older woman took it and sat it to the side. "I actually spoke to the last family you worked for and they recommended you to me."

"Oh that's great I really do have a lot of respect for them." Angelina nodded "hm, well I would love to give you the job but I need to know a couple things first."

Brandy nodded "of course ask away." She said eagerly. "Do you mind taking on an assistant job- extra pay of course- do you live far and...are you content with wearing a uniform?" She asked eyeing Brandy up and down.

Without thinking Brandy said "of course I can do that, and I do kinda but I'm a morning person so it's not a problem and um I'm fine with wearing a uniform."

Angelina tilted her head to the side, a smile on her face "wonderful, so I guess it's settled then." Angelina says standing up reaching out her hand. Brandy did the same shaking the older woman's hand " Ill see you tomorrow yes?"

"Yes, yes! Of course."

Angelina chuckled at brandys excitement, but little did Brandy know she was in for one hell of a ride.