Chapter 7

I take in the apperance of the boy on my porch slowly. He is handsome with long black hair that sticks up at odd angles and looks like he has just rolled out of bed. His eyes are a deep brown that have a slight glint in them that I can't quite place. He has a large build and clearly works out a lot with a long scar on his left bicep and another down the right side of his face just under his eyebrow that runs half way down his cheek. "Iris." he grins holding out a callosed hand which I take tentivly "Daughter of Hecate. That's cool." I laugh "Right." he snorts looking over my shoulder "Least you get a cabin to yourself. I got too share with the siblings. Son of Ares. Still not as bad as the Hermes kids they're practically overrun with all the un-claimed kids."

He lets go of my hand "Chiron said I should give you a tour." I nod slightly reaching for my leather jacket "Sounds good." He grins "So you've already seen the cabins. That's mine over there." he points to the red cabin covered with bard wire with a mounted boars head above the door "Looks, cosy." he snorts out a laugh "Don't hate the cabin." I smile slightly "I don't hate it, its just different." he nods wandering past the other cabins back towards the main house. 

"So we don't really have set lessons but the ones we do we have with our cabin members. We learn basic combat usually sticking to one weapon once you find one you like. Then we also have hand to hand combat, stratagey and very basic medical training, but we usually rely on the Apollo kids to patch us up. We have capture the flag every Friday evening and the previous winners get to pick teams, basically its a war game but fun. You'll learn more about that later. So that's the lake with canoes and swimming. Although the water nyphms do tend to tip people in oh and their are satyrs dotted around as well."

 We walk into a round arena with a sandy floor "This is where we have most of our training but we use that field over their," he points to a large field "For archery." I nod slightly looking around at the weapons racks, weights and the track painted on the floor "So you are all training to kill monsters?" he grins "Yea. Most people don't encounter anything major, but being a demi-god is dangerous. A few people get chosen to go an quests but those are realtively rare or to keep the God's pleased. My dad sent me on one two years ago, its where I got this." he runs a finger down his cheek smiling whistefully "Come on then."

He point out the art rooms, hospital, stables, workshops and bathrooms. It appears my cabin is the only one with its own bathroom. We come to a stop outside of the big house where Chiron is sitting with a middle aged man with a scraggedy beard wearing an oversized hawaiin t-shirt. "Iris, this is Chiron and our camp leader Dionysus." I can feel my eyebrows raise at the God's name he merely waves his hand slightly "Another camper what fun. Atlar pleasure as always." 
"Atlas." 
"Whatever." 

I bite back a smile and Chiron smiles gently "Atlas can you take Iris to the workshops. The Hephaestu's children have fixed Iris's bike." he nods "Sure." we walk back over to the workshops which consist of an open barn filled with machinery and a large furnace with campers dotted around inside wearing various forms of safety gear but most not wearing any at all "Charles." a large male with dark hair and a deep tan grins broadly revealing pearly white teeth. He has oil stains on his arms and forehead but seems freindly enough "Atlas, who's your freind?" Atlas grins "Iris this is Charles Beckendorf, head of Hephaestu's cabin." he offers a large hand covered in burns and scars "Nice to meet you." I smile slightly "You too, apperently you have my bike?" 

He grins "Right this way." he leads the way around the back of the building where my bike is leaning on its stand looking as shiny as it did the day dad bought it home "Good as new, resisted the urge to tamper with it but if you ever want it upgrading I'd love to have a crack at it." I laugh "As long as I get it back in one piece your welcome too upgrade it if you want too." he beams "You won't regret it." Atlas snorts as a horn sounds from somewhere in the distance "Dinner time. You can tamper with the bike later." Charles laughs "I'd best go get cleaned up, nice meeting you Iris."