Part-8

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja got up from the red couch in his living room and went to the kitchen. She opened the fridge and took out the last diet coke from the shelf., opened the can and took a sip while coming out of the kitchen.

Karan came out of his room after taking a shower. They had decided to chill throughout the day and watch back to back movies since it was a Sunday.

His eyes widened as he saw her drink the diet coke. The last can. The last freaking can and she was drinking it.

"you laddoo...." he frowned and went towards her. "you don't even drink coke but just because this was the last one you had to win...."

"you know me sunny...." she kept the empty can on the centre table and pinched his cheeks.

"brat...." he picked her up from behind holding her waist by just one hand and she lifted her legs up.

"sunnyyyyyyy...." she shouted in her baby voice. "put me down...."

"don't lie you love it when i pick you up...." he said giving her a twirl and putting her down and kissed her hair.

"okay fine whatever...." she rolled her eyes. "and stop pretending that you are upset that i had your coke....you will happily give it away for me...." she said smirking.

"jo chahe paal lein....galat faimi nahi...." he said smiling wickedly but deep down he knew that she was right.

"so full of yourself...." she muttered and sat on the couch and put on a movie.

"no yaar laddoo not this...." he said sitting beside her.

"one movie of your choice....one movie of my choice...." she said narrowing her eyes and threw her legs on his lap.

"fine...." he groaned and played with her feet.

She took her phone from the centre table and frowned reading a message. Her frown immediately changed into anger and she looked at him.

"karan what have you told Akhil?" she said removing her legs from his lap.

"what?" he asked confused.

"karan don't lie....what have you told him about rima?" she asked seriously.

"we talk about so many things....i don't know what exactly are you talking about...." he said honestly.

"you told him that rima is cheating on him?" she asked furiously.

"what?are you mad?" he got up in shock.

"you saw her with a guy in a cafe right?and you and akhil spoke about it....right?yes or no...." she asked angrily.

"laddoo that was...." he was cut off in between.

"just in a yes or in a no...." she said slowly hoping he would say no.

"yes...." he said closing his eyes

"wow...." she took a couple of steps back. "i don't want to talk to you ever again...." she took her bag and went out of the house.

"laddoo yaar listen to me...." he took the house keys and car keys and ran behind her.

By the time he went downstairs , she had already left. He quickly sat in his car and drove to her house.

He parked the car and ran and rang the bell frantically.

"arrey sunny beta...." her mother opened the door. "what happened?teja came in crying and she has locked her room...."

"aunty i will explain later...." he ran inside and went upstairs quickly and knocked her door.

"laddoo open the door...." he knocked at first and then banged the door hearing no response.

"karan go away....please just leave....she is my best friend and nobody messes with her...." she shouted angrily , tears making her voice choked.

"laddoo you are misunderstanding me...." he said immediately.

"shut up karan just shut up....for you those two are fighting....they are engaged to be married karan....how could you do this?forget rima how could you do this to your friend?" she shouted and threw her metal clutch on the floor which made a loud sound.

"Laddoo...." he banged the door , scared.

"beta leave her alone for now....you come downstairs and have something first....she will calm down in sometime you know her right?" her mother kept her hand on his shoulder and he looked at her with tears.

"aunty...." he gulped.

"sunny beta....when there is a storm in the ocean you don't go in it with a boat....you stay on the beach and wait for the storm to pass....or else you don't survive the storm...."

He was shit scared. The thought of Teja going away from him scared him. Everybody misunderstood him. Everybody had , at one point or the other. May be it was his fault that he was bad with words that he couldn't make it clear to people. But whatever might be the reason he was just not ready for it to happen with Teja. He wouldn't be able to deal with it. He shuddered at the thought. And he knew Teja wouldn't be able to deal with it also.

He closed his eyes and sat on the floor beside her door and leaned back on the wall.

"what are you doing sunny?" her mother asked him visibly shocked.

"waiting by the sea at the beach for the storm to pass...." he said wiping his tears.