Chapter 19 | What do you think you're doing ?

At first there's a headache, then abdominal pain, and last a really, annoying beeping sound that seems to match Raven's heartbeat. Her eyes fluttered open, taking in her surroundings. Slowly, wincing in pain, she sit straight on what look like a bed, holding her hand on her side, looking at the bandages on her torso. Two IV drip in her arms, one with some clear liquid, probably something for the pain, and the other attached to a blood bag. Two patches on her chest linked to a heart monitor.

She look around again, the small room she's in poorly light, but she's not really complaining seeing hard light would've worsen her headache. A rather large window at the wall, with the door next to it, looking out on the hallway of the Helicarrrier. Agents passing by from time to time. A door behind her, leading to a small bathroom, where she can see a sink through the open space as the door is not completely closed.

She spot on the other side of the hallway, another room similar to hers, the words 'Infirmary' written on the door.

After a moment she spot her cargo pants folded on a chair, now realizing that she's only in her underwear. Her shirt and pull-over are nowhere in sight, the doctors probably cut them to access her wounds. With careful movements, she reach for her trousers and put them on, after taking out the IV drips, and patches for the heart monitor. She look around for something to cover her torso, but come back empty handed. She spot her boots at the foot of her bed, taking a sit on a chair, she quickly put them on as well.

A shiny handle on a nearby table catch her eye, recognizing her sword handle. Raven take a hold of it, deploying the blade still stain with her own blood. Memories of Loki stabbing her, his hard words and vision came flooding back in her mind, her face soon full of anger. She put the handle back in it's holster at her thigh, and storm off in the hallway.

Passing by other infirmary rooms, she catch a glimpse of red hair in one of them, and a man strapped on a bed she recognize as Clint Barton. As much as she want to stop and see if one of them know something about Loki, or even take the time to catch up on what she missed, Raven continue her path, getting curious looks from the agents she come across. A lot of them try and stop her, seeing as she's only wearing her cargo pants, and a sport bra with her combat boots, the other item of clothing being the bandages. But the glare she send them when they try and stop her, or even say something shut them up, and stop them to go further.

Soon enough she arrive at the main control room, looking around seeing evident traces of a fight that took place here too. She spot Fury looking out the big windows, agent Hill at her control panels. Raven storm towards the director getting glances from agents, her anger taking the best of her as she shout at the man. "Where is he ?! Where is that son of a bitch ?!"

Fury turn around at the voice, impossible to hide his surprise to see Raven on her feet, when she was stabbed by her swords hours ago. "You're suppose to be on bed rest." The dark skin man state. "I couldn't care less right now, so tell me where the fuck is he ?"

The director bow his head down, looking defeated. "I honestly don't know."

"What's the plan ? You're just gonna sit here and wait for him to invade the earth ?"

Fury turns back to look outside, a deep breath escaping his lungs, shoulder hanging lower than they already were. "Like I told Stark and Rogers, I lost my one good eye when Coulson died, I had it coming probably. I have nothing for you. Thor and Banner are no longer here, Loki flew and I have no idea where he could be. I probably was just living a fantasy of mine, creating a team of super heroes."

Raven's eyes snap his way angrily. "Hey, you didn't used Lily's name, as an excuse for me to come here and do something good, just for it to go to shit okay ?! I just got my ass beaten by a fucking greasy hair, British accent, wherever he got it from, god who really just pissed me off. So really am not just gonna sit here, and wait for his next move for fuck sake. I told you, I'm just human. I'm a whole bag of fucked up soldier, paranoid, bipolar, but this motherfucker really chose the wrong person to mess with. So where are Rogers and Stark I need to talk to them"