A Game of Loyalty

Inside the courtyard of Castle Sunspear two figures fought each moving with agility rare to most, they fought more like animals than men

Inside the courtyard of Castle Sunspear two figures fought each moving with agility rare to most, they fought more like animals than men. The taller of the two figures was graceful, quick and deadly, moving in and out like a snake about to strike. The shorter one moved in a way that showed pure power in each stroke, and their grace was more unto a large cat like a lion or a tiger.

They were evenly matched and judging by the sweat-soaked skin of the taller one, they had been fighting for quite some time. The tall one had removed everything but his breeches, while the smaller one still wore their armor and helmet. Finally, the tall one struck moving forward and going under the smaller one's blade, the small one spun to try and get away dropping their sword and pulling a  dagger from where it sat at their hip. 

A few more barely perceptible movements and the two froze blades at the others throat, the tall man smirked and the helmeted figure reached up lifting their helmet from their head to reveal a beautiful woman. 

Aella Martell had lost none of her beauty or grace in the last seventeen years, and in her husband's eyes, she had only grown more beautiful. It was this beauty that was Prince Oberyn's downfall as his eyes wavered from her face to her heaving chest. He didn't notice her smirk before she moved pushing his arm away from her throat and tripping him before following him to the ground in a crouch over his body, knife at his throat.

"You lost focus husband." Aella muttered with a smirk, Oberyn grinned "To see you in this position my love it was well worth it." 

Aella blushed and stood as around them the small crowd that had gathered cheered, Aella's eyes sought out the eight children which belonged to her. From her eldest to her youngest they were truly the most beautiful children in the seven kingdoms. Unfortunately, her eldest daughter, her second born was no longer in their household, she had left to join the Tiger guard that Aella had so long ago left. 

Her eyes drifted to Oberyn who was also observing his children as his sons and daughters entered the courtyard to begin their own training. He had not been pleased with his daughter's decision to serve the king of Westeros, the man who allowed the murderer of his sister to go free. But Oberyn knew this was the way of his wifes family, and Aella was very big on tradition.

Besides, Oberyn also knew that Ellrias Lord of Tygros was not a man who took things sitting down. For Ellrias had a plan far larger than Robert the Usurper knew, and in truth would see until a true heir sat on the Iron Throne.

But for now, Oberyn would join his wife on waiting, for if Tigers and Serpants had in common anything, it was the patience they had in waiting for their prey.

_________________________________________________