Chapter fourteen: E

Lunch was being prepared and everyone who wasn't making it, went upstairs to freshen up.

'Please let me out I feel so cramped, I need to be free.'

"I'll let you out if you promise not to be seen by anyone, you know they aren't ready just yet."

'Deal, I just need to be let out.'

"Enchantress." 

(Skip to 1:15)

"Enchantress."

"France?"

'For shopping.'

"Oh E, you didn't have to. Thank you."

'I also got you money, it's in the sachel around your waist.'

"What have I told you about stealing?"

'It's not stealing, it's from your parents' bank.'

"Oh, well my apologies. Now, where do we start?"

We arrived back, bags around my shoulders, tied to my waist. To say this was a successful shopping trip was an understatement. 

"Angelica where have you been, we were worried sick."

I looked from Miss Peregrine to the time. Oops. It was past dinner time. 

"We went shopping, I'm sorry Miss Peregrine, we lost track of time."

"Who's we? There's no one with you."

"Enoch, it's not polite to listen in on conversations. Angelica if you don't mind we need to have a word."

'Oops.'

"You knew this would happen, how could you be so reckless?"

'I did it for you, you needed a break.'

"We will talk later, now I must be the one to take the blame for our tardiness." 

Once more I have found myself sitting in Miss Peregrines' office. 

"Angelica I understand you have to let her out, but you mustn't go for too long. Alfie was looking everywhere for you. Bronwyn and the others were scared you had left the loop and, to put this frankly they thought you were to end up like your cousin."

"I understand Miss Peregrine, we apologise. In all honesty, we didn't mean to stay out late, I guess we got carried away."

"Where did you go, out of curiosity?"

"France."

"Ah. Right well off to bed now, Enoch fed Alfie already. He did whine however, he soon calmed down."

"Thank you." Taking the shopping back in my arms I walk up to my room. 

"Where were you?" 

'My my, he's a curious one. Curiosity killed the cat.'

"Enoch, it's late why don't you go get some sleep?"

"No, I'd like to know where you were."

"France on a shopping trip, I got you a few things to."

"How did you get to France?" 

"My heart Enoch, I let her out as she needed to be free."

"I never really understood what you meant by your heart."

'Show him.'

"No, you may scare him off."

"Are you talking to her now, Enchantress?"

"Enoch, please I don't wish to harm you. I have no control over her actions once she is released."

"I want to meet her."

"Very well, let us do this somewhere more private."

We headed toward the beach, Enoch seemed to be in deep thought as we walked down the trail.

"We're here."

Taking a deep breath in I release her. "Enchantress."

"Hello, Enoch." 

"Enchantress."

"My my, I have to thank you for looking after my dear friend, although, on the other hand, I must warn you. If you break her, make Angelica upset I will tear you limb from limb."

"I'd never hurt her. I love her."

"Enchantress."

"Enoch, you have to promise me, if I ever let her out and she attacks anyone or misbehaves stab the heart, that'll force her to bring me back."

'That's if they can reach our heart.'

"I will, I promise. Let's just try and not let that happen. Anything else I should know?"

"That if I ever get emotional, she may come out automatically, you'll be able to tell as my eyes will change to ember like hers."

"Okay. Well, let's hope you don't get too emotional."

Little did he know that when a certain boy arrives, my emotions and strength will be tested.