Chapter 19- Uncle Steve

Bucky pov

  I had no idea how Steve had gotten Haley to bed, but he did. Once I cooled down a bit I went to check on her.

  She was facing away from the door but I knew she was sleeping because of her even breathing. Sometimes Super Soldier hearing was great, sometimes not. I went back to my room and went to bed.

  Time skip**********

I couldn't sleep well. I was so mad at myself for yelling at Haley, she has never been very rebellious. I got a few hours of sleep, then decided to stay up when the clock read 6:30 am.

I got out of bed a thought I should make breakfast. Haley was usually up around 7:00, so I'd have enough time to cook her some breakfast before she woke up. I finished making some waffles and eggs, then went to check on her.

She was on the floor playing with her dolls, but she was being very quiet.

"Good morning princess." I said quietly. She turned around and said, "Good morning Daddy." In a small voice. Her eyes were a bit puffy and she looked a little scared.

"It's okay Haley, I'm not mad anymore." I told her softly. She smiled a little and ran over to me. "Are you hungry doll?" I asked. She just nodded her head. I grabbed her hand and we walked to the kitchen. I set her down in a chair and poured her some orange juice. I sat down across from her and began eating my waffle.

"Daddy?" I looked up. "Can I learn to use the big girl potty?" Haley asked taking a break from her waffle.

"Sure princess." I said shocked. After we ate I decided we needed to go to the store.

"J.A.R.V.I.S., is Steve here." I asked.

"Yes Mr. Barnes, should I alert him?"

"No it's fine." I said before returning to Haley. "Hey princess, do you wanna go to the store with Daddy or stay at the tower with uncle Steve?"

"I wanna go with Daddy." She said running to her bedroom, I chased after her. I caught her just before her face hit the floor. She stood up crying.

"What happened doll?" I asked and she pointed to her knee. I picked her up and put her on her bed. I knelt down and pulled up her pant leg. She had lots of blood running down her knee. I stood up and ran to get some bandages and a wet rag. Bruce had told me how to clean and dress a wound just in case he wasn't there.

She hissed as I patted the wet rag up against her knee. When all the blood was cleaned off you could just see a large piece of skin missing. I grabbed the Neosporin and carefully rubbed it on her cut, but she still whined. Then I wrapped up her knee in gauze.

"Do you still wanna go to the store Haley" I asked rummaging through her closet.

"Yes Daddy." She said. I found an outfit and got her dressed.

 I found an outfit and got her dressed

I absolutely loved her outfit. Steve had gotten it for her a few weeks ago. She was limping a bit but was otherwise fine, I still decided to carry her though. I told Steve we were going to the store and then got in the car.

When we got to the store I slipped on my gloves and got Haley out of the backseat. We got into the store and I put Haley in a shopping cart. I started with groceries, getting anything Haley would eat, she was quite picky. Then we ended up in the girls clothes area. While we were there I grabbed Haley some underwear and a few outfits. I also grabbed diapers just in case. We were leaving after about an hour in the store. I was putting all the bags into the cart when I noticed Haley was sleeping. I put all the groceries on my left arm and carried her with my right, leaving the cart in the front of the store. I put the groceries and Haley in the car and heard back to the tower.

  We got to the tower and I put everything away, where it belonged, and put Haley in bed. Maybe she didn't sleep as well as I thought she had because she was super tired today. I cleaned up around the house while she was sleeping.

I was just starting on lunch, when I heard small footsteps running towards me. "Daddy! Look!" Haley yelled and I turned around. She almost collided into me but I caught her just in time. I steadied her and bent down to the ground as she held up a drawing. It was a drawing with two stick figures smiling.

"It's you and me." She said.

"Very good princess." I said taking it from her hands. I pinned it to the fridge with a magnet alongside other drawings. Haley insisted every picture she showed me had to go on the fridge. I looked down and she had a huge smile on her face.

"Go sit in a chair and I'll bring you lunch, okay doll?" I asked.

"Okay Daddy." She said scuttling over to a chair.

Once I was finished I brought her a plate. She ate a few bites and then wanted to see Steve.

"Daddy can we go see Uncle Steve?"

"I'll think about it." I replied.

"Pretty pleeaase." She begged.

"Okay fine, but eat some more of your lunch first." I told her.

" I'm full." She said.

"No, you only took three bites eat some more." I told her.

"Nooo." She said, crossing her small arms, "I wanna see Uncle Steve."

"Fine." I gave in knowing she wasn't going to eat anymore. I brushed through her hair and put on her shoes, then went upstairs to Steve.

"Steven!" I called, trying to warn him about the small girl running towards him. He looked at me rather than Haley, but when she ran into him he only swayed a little.

He picked her up and said, "Hey princess."

"Hi" Haley said hugging him. "I missed you." She told him.

"I missed you too." He replied and gave me a quizzical look. I just shrugged my shoulders.

"What do you wanna do?" Steve asked her.

"I don't know." She replied.

"Okay." He said and tried to put her down but her grip on him just tightened. That made him give another quizzical look. Again I just shrugged my shoulders. He sat down still holding her. It looked like she had a tight grip around his neck, she still hadn't stopped hugging him. I sat next to him. She held onto him for hours, until she finally fell asleep.

"I better get going." I said

"Okay." Steve replied. We worked together slowly prying Haley off of him. Once I had her in my arms, she began to hug me like she was hugging Steve earlier. I took her downstairs and put her in her bed, covering her up. I cleaned up a bit before I went to bed myself.