Chapter 21

21.🏴

I was on the verge of breakdown as I could see mom wouldn't stop crying. She was leaning on the doorframe, looking out to the sky, and crying softly.

Damien held a tight grip on my waist in a warning manner.

He parked just a few blocks from my house. I had been scratching at the door for about an hour while I pleaded with him to give me at most three hours. I couldn't cry anymore. My mom was sitting there like a few blocks away from me and I was in this fucking soundproof car, yearning for her.

Damien said nothing but he kept his stern posture. He seemed trying to calm himself.

I wasn't paying attention to him either. For another two hours, I sat by the window and looked at Mom as she sat on a chair and was knitting something. She used to knit on the veranda till evening...

I could see she was wearing my necklace. She would pick it in her hand and kissed it every minute while tears streamed down her face. She was missing me as much as I missed her. I was happy about that at least. No... I didn't doubt it.

My hands were currently numb from hitting the car windows all the time. All I could do was now leaning on the window glass and trace patterns.

Damien was focusing on his laptop.

It was almost three hours and ten minutes... Anxiety started to overwhelm me as I knew Damien would drag me back to the hotel. I didn't want to go anywhere near him. I wanted mom and dad.

I sobbed hard at Damien's voice, "Time's up," he said sternly as I whimpered.

Then the engine started, I panicked and pounded onto the windows again hoping mom would hear me.

But it was no use. I cried harder and dragged Damien's suit making him furrow his eyebrows. Anger evidently swirling in his grey eyes. "No, please. I don't want to go with yo-" I sobbed but Damien swiftly held my chin.

"Enough is enough. We're going back," he said slowly with closed eyes.

Why he was so angry? He was in a good mood when he said he would let me see my family again!

"But- But-" I squeaked out.

"No buts," he said sternly and drove off as if my pleas were deaf to him.

I couldn't think straight that I pulled the steering wheel making the car almost hit the tree but Damien was skilled enough to stop the car.

I was scared. I was confused. I didn't know anymore. I just- just- let this chance slip off like this.

The silence fell and the tension in the air could be cut with a knife. Only my sobs could be heard in the car. I peaked at Damien. He was clutching the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were turning white. I backed off away from him as far as possible and cried my heart out.

"I said enough is enough!! You could have hurt yourself!!!!" He yelled and banged his fist on the steering wheel.

He then suddenly turned at me and shot an angry glare. He was beyond furious... I didn't care about his wrath now... But my trembling lips said otherwise. He slowly leaned in and raised his hand. I sobbed and was ready for the slap looking at his hand that was raised in the air.

I glared back at him with tearful eyes. His chest was heaving as if he ran a marathon. He was staring at me like forever and retracted his hand.

"I'll let this aside," he said while gazing at the road ahead. " If you ever try this again, I won't hesitate to make my men visit your family," He seethed.

I sat back down and sobbed quietly scooting away from him. Damien was focusing on the road only and I didn't dare to make a sound, defeated...

The drive wasn't ending so I ended up taking a nap leaning on the car window.

I woke up to a hand rubbing my cheek. His touch was soft that I didn't even know if this was just a dream. I took a look around that I realized I was still in the car in the middle of a huge field of... Flowers!

He gently led me out of the car and placed me on the car bumper. His hands were on either side of my thighs. "I was upset that you were yearning for your family more than me," he said inhaling my hair.

What???!!! Why did he say as if he was something to me? I wanted to shout, ' Oh yea, I yearned for my own family and I hate you bastard! Go and jump off a cliff and die! '

But I already knew that would be digging my own grave. I didn't want to be killed by furious Damien, at least not now... I have a family who was missing me and waiting for me to come Home.

I said nothing but took a look around. I was in the middle of nowhere but filled with colourful flowers. It was already evening so the breeze and the fragrance were luring me to swing myself into the air.

Damien turned my face at him and kissed me as his life depended on it. "I love you, baby girl," he mumbled.

I said nothing but sighed.

He chuckled... I could never understand which part of this situation was funny...., " I'll be waiting here. You can walk around. Just be in my sight," he pecked my cheeks.

I eagerly stepped out into the flower field and took a deep breath. I took a look at Damien again as he was glancing at me with a phone in his hand.

I was greedily picking up the flowers in my hands. I felt so good. Relief washed over me at the touch of these natural flowers, unlike the beautiful yet creepy flowers that Damien would bring into the room every day.

Then I realized he was trying to shut me out of the real world...

But why was he suddenly good and tried to fulfil my wishes? Did he think I could forgive him for what he did to me in the past? I pressed along the tattoo place where he forcefully and intentionally hurt me. The scars might fade away from my skin but the scars in my heart would never.

Damien was barking at someone on the line. I watched him from distance and pressed my lips into a thin line. "I will hate you no matter what," I mumbled to myself.

That was a promise, Damien Martin.

------------------------------------------

" The words she had been portraying her situation became the abuse itself, mantling the fragile soul

" The words she had been portraying her situation became the abuse itself, mantling the fragile soul."