II

I agreed, excited to hear his work. He packed away the sound equipment in his backpack and pulled out his phone. After pulling it up, he pressed play and sat back on his hands. As I listened, I pulled my knees in, closed my eyes, and turned slightly towards him to hear better.

The song was gorgeous, a ballad, mostly in English with a sprinkle of Korean, Chan's writing style pressed into every possible corner. His voice was soft, melodic, and filled with pure emotion. By the end, I could feel the start of tears appearing in my eyes and I opened them, blinking to get the tears to go away. Chan stopped the track on his phone and then turned to face me.

"What did you- wait are you crying?" He held out a hand, moving to touch my face, but stopped, "Can I?"

I nodded slightly, and he reached out the rest of the way, using his thumb to wipe the few tears that had slipped out off my cheek. The rest of his hand cupped my face, and the butterflies started fluttering out of control. I could feel my body melt, warmth consuming it when his skin hit mine. I just wanted to lean into it. The feelings I had for him were crashing like a wave against me and it caused a few more silent tears to fall, dripping onto my pink cheeks. I saw Chan's face fall,

"Are you okay (y/n)?" he was starting to panic a little bit, thinking that he made me upset.

"I... missed you" I choked out, holding back tears and balling up my fists by my side.

Chan moved immediately to cross his legs together and held his arms open wide. I looked up at him, unsure of his wishes. He motioned for me to come closer, and patted his chest to show I should lean there.

I practically fell into his arms, and he immediately wrapped one around my waist, pulling me into his chest. Shoving his backpack behind his back, he leaned on it, wrapping the other arm around me as well. One hand went to my head, holding my face, and the other stayed on my side to make sure I wouldn't fall. Leaning onto his chest I was immediately comforted. I could hear his heartbeat and the hand that had landed on his chest was rising and falling with every breath he took.

We had both lost track of time, laying there by the water until he coughed, the movement shaking me out of a dazed state. Chan took his hand off of my face and I looked up at him.

"Feeling better?" he said softly, so as to not startle me too much.

Giving him a small smile, I tried to push myself up to a sitting position again. I failed miserably and ended up falling back again. He laughed a little.

"We should probably head inside," I said, pushing myself up. This time I succeeded. I hadn't eaten much that day, and with the downtime I just had, my energy level had reduced quite a lot.

"Definitely," Chan agreed, standing up and rolling up the towel.

Taking a deep breath, I attempted to stand up too. Fail. I got halfway before collapsing back onto the sand. He dropped the towel and immediately came over, worried.

"(y/n)!" Chan grabbed my hand, "do you need help? What happened?"

I took a second to breathe before talking to him, "Can you just help me inside?"

He nodded, grabbing his backpack and slinging it over his shoulders, stuffing the towel into the contraption, and coming back over to help me up. I held onto his hand, leaning some of the weight I knew he would be able to take onto him. We walked to the back door, which was luckily still unlocked. Chan brought me to one of the living room chairs.