Chapter 18 - "𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑯𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒐𝒖𝒕"

𝑺𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒂𝒚٫ 3:47 𝑷.𝑴.

I approach the place we're supposed to meet at. I go inside the Café٫ and right away I see Gingerbrave and Strawberry seated at a booth. They also see me and wave. Of course I wave back. Well٫ no turning back now.

"Hi guys٫" I say as I approach the table. "Sorry I didn't bring anything٫ I got sort of busy..."

"Oh٫ it's fine! Don't worry about it٫" Gingerbrave says.

I sit down and look at Strawberry٫ who's awkwardly pulling at her hoodie strings. It is quite awkward between us٫ and I sense Gingerbrave senses this٫ as he tries to start a conversation. "Sooo... Uhm٫ how's your day been?" He turns to me.

"It's been quite uneventful٫ to be honest٫" I say. "Nothing has really happened today."

"Hi٫ guys! Sorry I'm late٫" Latte's voice chimes from behind me.

"Hi٫ Latte! You can sit by me٫" I say٫ scooching over. She takes up this offer and sits next to me٫ which makes me pretty happy.

"Hello Latte٫" Gingerbrave chimes. "Don't worry about it. We're all a little late sometimes."

Latte immidetly senses the awkwardness between me and Strawberry٫ because she then said٫ "What happened between you two? A lover's quarrel?" she seemed to tease.

Strawberry immedietly perks up. "We-We're not dating-!" she squeaks. I'm so confused right now.

"What- What are you guys even talking about? What are lovers?" I say٫ confused.

That was a big mistake. Now they're all staring at me in astonishment. "You don't- You don't know what lovers are?" Gingerbrave says٫ more  confused than I am.

"I wasn't ever told by... Her... What lovers are..?" I say.

Latte looks even more confused٫ but Gingerbrave and Strawberry understand right away. "Oooh٫" Strawberry says. "Yeah I get it now..."

I've seemed to make the hangout awkward as hell. What do I say?

Luckily I don't have to say anything٫ as Gingerbrave pipes up. "I advise you read this packet٫" he says٫ pulling one out of his satchel. His is brown with a skull and cane on it. He hands it over to me and I look at it- "Love for Beginners."

"Thanks I guess٫" I say٫ putting it in my satchel. The situation is still awkward٫ so I just suggest we leave for now and everyone agrees.

That sucked.