Chapter 21

plenilune

/plɛnɪˈluːn/

the time of the full moon.

When Aurora woke up on Saturday she couldn't have felt more loved. Draco was next to her and he was placing so many kisses on her face. It made Aurora giggle but even then Draco did not stop. "You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, love,"

Draco whispered sweet things to her in between the kisses he was planting on her face. "I have planned something for us," Draco said, smiling. "Really? What have you planned, Dray?" Aurora ran a hand through his hair. "It's a surprise, baby,"

Aurora huffed and rolled her eyes. She didn't want to wait, she hated waiting. She was so impatient that she immediately stepped out of bed so she could get dressed. Draco followed her into the bathroom so he could get dressed too. After they were done and had brushed their teeth they put on their shoes.

Draco and Aurora walked hand in hand out of his dorm and Draco led the way out of the castle. He had set up a picnic when Aurora was still sleeping. Draco started to run and he pulled Aurora with him. When Aurora saw the red and white table cloth on the ground with all her favorite food, flowers, and a book.

The flowers were roses, red roses to be precise. Draco struggled to figure out which flowers represent love. He found out that red roses were the best flowers that represent romance, eternal love, prosperity, and happiness. He knew that Aurora had learned the language of flowers a few years ago so he thought that this was the best way to express his feelings.

Aurora was impressed. Her arms flew around his neck, hugging him. "You did this? For us?" She asked him. "Yes, love. I did this for us but especially for you." Draco smiled. They shoved off their shoes and took a seat. "Thank you, dray. Red roses hmm?"

"Yeah, red roses. I'm so deeply in love with you, I don't know what to do with myself." Draco's hand cupped Aurora's cheek. "That makes two of us. I love you," Aurora said. Draco didn't answer her, he just looked into her eyes for the longest time and then slowly bent down and kissed her.

Aurora thought her heart was going to be heard from miles afar. Surely Draco could've heard it. It was a very long, sweet kiss, perfect in every way, as if they had been kissing each other for years. Aurora broke her lips free reluctantly and asked him, "Why is it that you love me, dray?"

"Because of the whisper of your voice, the warmth of your touch, so many little things that make me love you so much. The way you kiss me and hold me with the warmth of a raging fire fills me with need. I want to be where your eyes shine when you look at me. When you're by my side, I feel complete and bursting with pride. The dreams that I dream, that all involve you, the possibilities I envision, and the things we could do. You are the most important part of the puzzle that exists in my heart, deep within my soul, but somehow you are the biggest part." Draco kissed her once again.

Aurora would have never thought that she could feel so complete. She was completely and utterly in love with Draco Malfoy. And he, he was absolutely lost in her, so hopelessly in love.

Love is everything. Without love, you'd be missing a hole in your heart, maybe even your whole heart. Truly, if you lose a sincerely loved one, you may never be able to forget them.

Without love, this life would be bland. If the farthest a relationship goes would be a close friend and nothing more. Everyone would be the same, and you wouldn't feel the warm feeling of love. That gooey feeling that gives you the jitters. That feeling, that nothing can ever recreate.

Love is such an important feeling, being in love causes our body to release feel-good hormones and neuro-chemicals that trigger specific, positive reactions. When people are in love, their levels of dopamine, adrenaline, and norepinephrine all increase. These chemicals, when combined, are responsible for all of the magic we experience when we fall in love. That's perhaps why we often refer to the 'chemistry' of love.

Aurora was wearing a short white summer dress. She hadn't noticed that when she sat down the dress rose. She was not the only one who didn't notice at first, too busy staring at each other's faces. After a while, Draco looked down to grab the strawberries he had brought. Unfortunately, he saw Aurora's scars on her thigh instead.

He stopped laughing immediately and now stared down. Aurora was confused so she looked down to see what was wrong. Oh. She knew that someday Draco would see them but she had not thought that it would be so fast. Aurora grabbed the bottom of her dress and pulled it down.

"I'm sorry you had to see that. I didn't mean to ruin this. I'm really-" Aurora wanted to explain how sorry she was but before she could finish her sentence Draco had smashed his lips onto hers. "You did not ruin this, Aurora. You do not have to apologize for this, okay?"

"Okay, Dray," Aurora said before lowering her head again. Draco saw how bad Aurora felt so he tilted her head back with his fingers and looked her in her eyes. "Let me, Aurora, please," Draco said and she nodded her head.

Aurora felt Draco his hand reach for her thigh, a soft and warm hand caressing her. Draco leaned in to kiss Aurora once again and then he spoke, "You are so beautiful. Don't ever hide from me again, Aurora. These scars are what make you, you. And I love every part of you."

Draco lowered himself so he was now almost lying down. His head went to her thighs and he started gently kissing Aurora's scars. He was careful not to bring too much pressure so he doesn't hurt her. Draco just wanted to make sure Aurora knew he was there to support her and love her. Her scars symbolize all the pain she had gone through, and the fight she had now won. After Draco had kissed all her scars on her thighs he moved on to kiss the tears on her face away.