I DON'T WANT TO BE THE MASTERMIND!!!

The camera made a beeping sound, signaling the blunette that it was recording.
He signed and looked at the camera.

'Umm...Hello there. My name is Shuichi Saihara. You might of hurd of my parents before: Miyuki and Tanzo Saihara. The famous actors... I want to become an actor just like them. I decided to enter Danganronpa because of its sheer popularity.
I thought about my ultimate. My uncle has a detective agency. I've been training there for a while... So I think I would make a pretty good Ultimate Detective.
Thank you for your time. I hope to hear from you soon.'

Shuichi pressed the nearby button and ended the recording, as instructed. After that he turned around and walked towards the door to leave.

The left the room and walked to a desk with a girl working on the computer.

'Excuse me? I've finished with the audition.'

'Thank you for auditioning for Danganronpa. You should be called within the next week.'
The girl said, not looking up from the computer.

'...am I going to regret this?'
He asked not entirely sure if this was the right thing to do.

'...'
The girl looked at him. It was hard to read her face...
'...very.'

Shuichi just nodded.
'...thank you for your time.'

-_-_-_-_

'-and we are just simply honored to have you compete in our show! Your parents are quite famous you know.'

Shuichi just nodded as the man continued talking. He got excepted into the show and even got the talent he wanted. He was speaking with one of the producers for the show about some other details.

'There are some slots available, like the protagonist, the antagonist, support and even mastermind. Since you are one of the more valued contestants, we are giving you the honor of choosing which role you want. You can even be a simple side character. The choice is completely up to you.'
The man smiled while Shuichi thought about it.

'Well, I've been thinking about it... As much as being a protagonist sounds tempting, since this is my first role, I don't want anything too big for starters. I want to be the support.'

'Excellent.'
The man said and pulled out a sheet of paper and wrote something down in pen.
'I'm gonna have to ask you to fill out this form. If there are any questions feel free to ask our staff.'

Shuichi nodded and took the paper, walked out of the room.

Going into the hallway, he sat down and read over the paper. It just required him to put down things like his name, occupation, birthday...things like that.
Looking over where the man wrote in pen, Shuichi smiled a bit, reading what it said.

Role: Support

He began filling out the paper, humming a tone from a popular TV show he once hurd.

'Oh! I love that show too!'
Shuichi looked over to where the voice came from.

It was a boy with pointy black hair with purple tips, lavender eyes, a cheeky grin and a strange white uniform with a checker-patterned scarf.
'HI! I'm Kokichi Oma. Nice to meet ya!'
The shorter boy energetically extended his hand for a handshake, which caused Saihara to chuckle and shake his hand.

'I'm Shuichi Saihara. It's nice to meet you Oma-kun.'

'Saihara? Like the two famous actors?'
Kokichi tilted his head in wonder.

Shuichi sighed.
'...Yap. That's them.'
He sounded very unamused.

'...their movies sucked.'
Kokichi blurted out, sitting next to Shuichi.

'Wait, wha-?

'It's a lie!'
Kokichi shouted enthusiastically.
'I'm a lier, you see... I actually like their movies, but they aren't anything special. They are just people that are good at something many people aren't. I don't get why people go crazy when they see someone famous.'
Kokichi rolled his eyes, having this exaggerated prideful pose.

'Many people don't see it that way unfortunately. Which is why every time I meet someone, they are more focused on who my parents are not on who I am as a person...'

'...geez. I know people can be assholes, but holy shit.'
Shuichi couldn't help but chuckle at Kokichi's response.

Oma was looking at Saihara in surprise. People usually find him annoying and tell him to go away... But not emo-boy here. He could feel his face burning up for some reason.

'You know Shumai, maybe after this whole Danganronpa thing is over, we could go for a coffee or something.'
Kokichi had a wide grin while Shuichi blushed at the nickname.

'That...sounds nice actually. I'd love to.'
Shuichi smiled while the two continued talking for a little while.

Unaware that someone was recording them.

-_-_-_-_

Shuichi was asked to come into the office two weeks before the new the game began, for some reason.

He knocked on the door and went inside.
'I'm here, what's the matte- Why are you two here?!'
Shuichi asked in disbelief as his parents were standing right there.

'I'll leave you guys be.'
The worker just left the room.

'Oh darling, why didn't you tell us you signed up for Danganronpa? We're so proud of you!'
His mother hugged him.

This was the first time she's done this... Or praised him...ever... So he was actually kinda happy about it.

'I'm glad you're following after us son.'
His father said, happy.
'But I have a question. Why did you choose Support? Why not the Protagonist or Mastermind role?'

'Well it's my first role and I didn't want to go too big-'

'Oh what nonsense. You have to big for your first time acting.'
His mother said, completely dismissing her son

'N-no, it's fine, I-...'

'No Shuichi, our son is not going to have this side role. We even have the Mastermind contract ready to sign.'
His father said with slight enthusiasm by the end.

'What? No, I-!!!'

'We just know you are going to do an amazing job-'
His father was swiftly cut off.

'I DON'T WANT TO BE THE MASTERMIND!!!'
Shuichi yelled out, just wanting his parents to finally hear him.

SMACK

Shuichi landed on the floor. His dad just hit him in the face... It hurt... A lot.

'Listed here you fucking disgrace.'
His mom started.
'We are your parents, and you are going to listen to us. Or else. Do I make myself clear?'

'...'
Shuichi didn't respond. This isn't the first time they used violence... And it scared the young man to think what else they do... so he just nodded...

...

In the end...they forced Shuichi to sign a contract to become a mastermind. Shuichi really didn't want as he read it and realized what was going to happen if he failed...

But alas...no one listen to him...

-_-_-_

(Okay, that was the intro chapter. I know it's short, but I hope that you enjoyed.)