Movie night

Billy was walking down the street to his best friends house, Stu Macher. It was a Warm Friday evening, summer was still lingering around despite it being September now, the sun poked through the clouds, kids could be seen playing in their front yards as their parents chatted on the porch.

Billy finally made his way to the house, he knocked on the door and waited a few seconds before spamming the doorbell, listening to it ding over and over again as loud quick thumping could be heard coming closer.

The door swung open to reveal Stu in his robe with wet hair. Water drops dripped off his blonde locks and down his neck. "Chill! I was in the shower!" He said and opened the door wider for Billy. Billy laughed and gave a light punch to Stu's side.
"You know how impatient I am on movie night." Billy said.
Stu rolled his eyes and made his way back to the bathroom, keeping the door open so he could still chat. "Oh yeah definitely. I remember when Leprechaun came out and how you wouldn't shut the fuck up about getting there an entire hour early."
Billy rolled his eyes as he watched Stu turn his head upside down and vigorously rub his hair with a towel. "I had to make sure we got good seats."
Stu snorted. "We were the only ones there for forty whole minutes!"

Stu flung his towel in the hamper and made his way upstairs. He turned to Billy. "I'm gonna get dressed, make us some popcorn or something." And then he continued his way up.
Billy flipped him off but was going to do what was asked.
Not because Stu asked him but because he wanted popcorn and he knew Stu wouldn't do it, no matter if he's dressed or in his flashy robe.

Billy made he way to the kitchen, he already knew where everything was, and carelessly tossed a bag off popcorn in the microwave. He leaned against the counter listening to the popping and making sure it didint burn. Billy remembered when one time freshman year he was looking at all the movies Stu owned, trying to decide what to watch, he ended up forgetting about the popcorn. Stu was pretty annoyed to come into his kitchen, smelling like charcoal and getting burnt popcorn as a snack.

Once the sound of popping was slowing down Billy took out the popcorn and poured it into a plastic bowl. Stu liked to put fancy seasonings on the popcorn but Billy liked plain salt and butter. So that's what they were getting.

Billy made himself comfortable on Stu's couch, munching on some popcorn as he waited for his friend.

"Hey save some for me!" Stu said as he gave Billy a nudge. Stu went to his tv and began getting a movie ready.
"I think we should watch the Exorcist." Billy said.
Stu snorted. "You always want to watch that! Besides," Stu held up a dvd case and shook it tauntingly with a smile. "Its my night to choose."

Stu finished getting the movie ready and flopped
himself next to Billy, laying his legs across his lap. Billy rolled his eyes and pushed his legs off only to have Stu put them back up with a laugh. The movie tittle screen popped up causing Billy to relax more into the couch.

"Psycho, good choice. Although I am quite surprised you didint pick something like Killer Klowns or Slumber Party Massacre."
Stu gasped and put a hand over his heart pretending to be hurt. "I do have good taste in movies you know!"
Billy rolled his eyes. "Uh huh. Then why did you make me watch Halloween 3 when everyone knows that's the worst one?"
A mischievous smile spread across Stu's face. "Because I knew it would piss you off."

Billy scoffed and flicked Stu's knee, earning a giggle from the blond. Stu finally pressed play and the movie began. At first the two watched in comfortable silence, then Stu threw a piece of popcorn, then billy threw one back, before they knew it there was a food fight. Stu dived behind the tv as Billy went for the back of the couch. Stu was a giggling mess as he tried to throw the popcorn as far as he could while Billy had a wide grin doing the same.
"Okay! Okay! I'm out of ammo!" Stu said between breaths, holding his hands up in defense. Billy smirked and fell back onto the couch, happy that he won.
Billy never likes to lose.

Stu joined him back on the couch, looking back at the tv and the iconic shower scene.
"Can't believe we're seniors." Stu said.
Billy hummed. "Can't believe I've put up with your dumbass for so long."
Stu punched him but chuckled. "Hey if it weren't for me you still would be the loner quiet kid just like freshman year!"
Billy shrugged. He wasn't denying it, he was a very quiet kid who kept to themself ever since grade school, and it only got worse the day his mom left. But Stu brought him out of that, kinda.
First day of school Stu would follow Billy around like a happy puppy, making conversation even though Billy never responded. He continued that all through the week, Billy never completely understood why. But he'll admit, at the time he had pity on the kid.

Even though Stu was popular due to him being such a class clown and constantly putting himself in the spotlight, a lot of people didn't really like him. They liked his parties and the fact that he could hook them up with beer and weed, but they hated how loud he was.
Always smiling. Always laughing. Always running around trying to do something crazy to get your attention.

So, Billy did something he never thought he would do.
He talked to him.
While Stu was going on a rant about which Hell Raiser movie had the best kills, Billy put in his option. And Stu immediately shut up, a wide smile spreading across his face. And Billy felt something when that happened. He doesn't know what but it was something.

And so Billy began talking to him more. Stu introduced him to what Billy considered his only other friends, Sidney Prescott, Tatum Riley, and Randy Meeks.
They bonded over their love of horror movies and began their Friday night tradition of going over to Stu's house and watching a movie. Always Stu's house. Billy didn't want to deal with his dad who would most likely be drunk, Stu was a nice way to escape him. And he didn't want Stu to be around that, he just knew that his big mouth would blab about it to the school and then all of a sudden Billy Loomis is known as the kid with a shitty drunk father and a missing mother.

Once Billy became friends with Stu he naturally became more known around the school.
First he was just known as Stu Macher's friend, but eventually they knew him as Billy Loomis. Girls had a crush on him for his looks and mysterious quietness and boys wanted to be him for all the attention he got from the girls. But he wasn't friends with any of those people.
He just had his small group of friends and Stu, and that's how he liked it.

Billy looked back at the screen, watching as blood splattered all over the tv screen and listening to the victims screams. He always loved these parts of movies the most, it was like music to his ears.

Eventually the movie got to its end and Stu got up to get a broom to sweep up all the thrown popcorn. Billy got off the couch and stretched his limbs, hearing the small pops and letting out a tired groan.
"I should probably get going." He said.
Stu stopped sweeping and looked up with a smile.
"You can stay the night if you want."
Billy scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Would have been nice to know that earlier so I would have brought some things over."
Stu rolled his eyes. "You know you can always stay the night on Friday."
Billy shrugged and made his way out the door, waving goodbye as he went.

It was darker outside and cooler. But still he made his way home, thinking about those movie scenes all night long.